GEO FILTER PROBLEM!

As the title suggests, the Geo-Filter has become impossible to use, when the filtering mode is activated there are continuity problems and disconnections, in spectator mode everything goes back to normal, now what's the point of buying this now Router when one of the functions  primary and most important not working?  I NOT RECOMMEND EVERYONE TO BUY SUCH ROUTERS !!  UNTIL THEY FIX THIS PROBLEM !!!  And it is useless for you to ignore this problem .....

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I've merged your topics. Are you trying to play with friends? If so have you added them to your allow list? Have you got strict mode off? 

We have looked at Destiny and it will require actual changes to how the Geo-Filter behaves in order for it to work correctly. They have changed their matchmaking so we have to now try to come up with a workaround but this will take time.

Yes, if you read what I wrote well, the problem arises only when I activate the filtering mode!  In spectator mode everything returns to normal.  It doesn't seem normal to me that after 2 weeks from the start of this problem nothing has still been solved!  I practically bought a router for 300 euros and then not be able to use it at 100%, I hope to resolve it as soon as possible.

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Fede_b34st said:

Yes, if you read what I wrote well, the problem arises only when I activate the filtering mode!  In spectator mode everything returns to normal.  It doesn't seem normal to me that after 2 weeks from the start of this problem nothing has still been solved!  I practically bought a router for 300 euros and then not be able to use it at 100%, I hope to resolve it as soon as possible.

Please answer the above questions as they could all affect the ability to get into a game properly when you are in Filtering mode. 

Yes, I have given permissions to friends and it still does not let me play it, I cannot join them and they cannot join me with the active filter.  If I turn off the filter, everything goes back to normal and I can play!  But what's the point of playing with a router that works at 50%?  The filter is used to avoid encountering players who have a poor connection, if this does not work it makes no sense that I use this router, I hope you solve this problem.

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Fede_b34st said:

Yes, I have given permissions to friends and it still does not let me play it, I cannot join them and they cannot join me with the active filter.  If I turn off the filter, everything goes back to normal and I can play!  But what's the point of playing with a router that works at 50%?  The filter is used to avoid encountering players who have a poor connection, if this does not work it makes no sense that I use this router, I hope you solve this problem.

Their IP has likely changed if that is the case and you will need to add them again. If you're just sitting in the lobby and waiting for them to join when a blocked icon appears then you need to allow it. Do you have strict mode disabled because that is required for Destiny.

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you disabled Strict Mode? If you have disabled Strict Mode then it should work in theory. As I said, we will have to make changes to the Geo-Filter itself, it's not as easy and we are looking into it.

Something has changed in Destiny 2, the matchmaking and the game is managed by a server in the USA:
Host Type Dedicated
ID 73cddba66a12ccd1
Domain Name 205.209.18.166
It is unfortunate the ping that we have in Europe in recent days, it always connects to the same server and it cannot be denied ..... it is not possible to connect to another server the 100x100 of the games is 205.209.18.166 filter on or off.

Attached image server and other server tun101.signon.deadorbit.net, all servers in same location.

Ping    166 ms
Host Type    Dedicated
ID    9cac6a35493b5c61
Domain Name    172.97.59.53

Captura.PNG

• Administrators
7 hours ago, xfalax said:

Something has changed in Destiny 2, the matchmaking and the game is managed by a server in the USA:

We are looking into alternate methods of how to allow proper filtering again but this will take some time. Unfortunately Destiny seem to change their networking structure more than any game I've seen in the entire 6 since we launched.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We are looking into alternate methods of how to allow proper filtering again but this will take some time. Unfortunately Destiny seem to change their networking structure more than any game I've seen in the entire 6 since we launched.

Actually the geofilter works, the problem is that now you are always connected to the server (first it was peer to peer), the server is always in the same location but it changes ips over and over again.
Since they made this change, multiplayer is horrible.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, xfalax said:

Actually the geofilter works, the problem is that now you are always connected to the server (first it was peer to peer), the server is always in the same location but it changes ips over and over again.
Since they made this change, multiplayer is horrible.

The domain name has signon in the name so that means it's for authentication purposes and not for the game server so you have to connect to that in order to play, we will try our best to improve it.

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The domain name has signon in the name so that means it's for authentication purposes and not for the game server so you have to connect to that in order to play, we will try our best to improve it.

Correct, it is for login but with geofilter activated it connects perfectly even if it is outside the radius. Bungie's problem is that the servers are hosted in the USA and in Europe I don't see any available.

23 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you zoom out do you see any other servers on the map at all?

They are only seen at the same point but with different Ip and Id, I can deny them but it always looks for another one in the same location with a different IP.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Fede_b34st said:

Were you able to solve the problem of filtering mode?  Have you found a way to make Destiny work with the active filter?

The devs are continuing to look into it and they have a few ideas. It won't be a quick fix at all as will need to add additional functionality to try and get it working.