EDGEROUTER X + NETDUMA R2 NO PS4

Andpodepah

Hello friends! I currently use an Edgerouter X, and I have the IP of my PS4 in QoS that can hold my ping well in 20ms.
My question is; Knowing that Netduma R2 has an anti-buffer, this R2 anti-bufferbloat would give me the same effect as QoS Edgerouter x, because today I have A + dslreports.
My idea would be to use Edgerouter X, just to keep all of my bandwidth (ISP modem) in bufferbloat in A +, and to use the resources of R2 with PS4 via cable.
do you think this is necessary, or would only R2 be able to qualify all my bandwidth, leaving only the ISP modem in Bridge connected to R2?
My internet is 250/25

got it. well I will let the ISP modem in bridge use only R2 then, even because three connected router has no need.

type
isp modem> edgerouter> R2

I believe that I will have a better performance in this way ISP modem bridge> R2 with PS4 in higher priority for games.

Hello!
please help me with a doubt. I started using R2 today, I'm happy. is it possible to leave the PS4 IP, with only 1Mbps of Upload and 60 of Download?
I wanted to make it less upload to PS4, and more upload to my PC that I use for streaming.

QOS.png

• Administrators

Yes you can use Bandwidth Allocation for that. Click on the device on the left and you can type in the specific Mbps you want to give it. Save then close that panel. Do the same for the streaming PC. save, close panel. Then switch to upload and do the same thing.

got it.
have any other procedures to be done for these band allocations to remain saved?
because I realize that after and exit the DumaOS interface, and log in again as settings are not saved.

example:
I left 1Mbps of upload to Ps4, however when leaving the dumaos, and entering these settings again is lost.

2 hours ago, Andpodepah said:

got it.
have any other procedures to be done for these band allocations to remain saved?
because I realize that after and exit the DumaOS interface, and log in again as settings are not saved.

example:
I left 1Mbps of upload to Ps4, however when leaving the dumaos, and entering these settings again is lost.

After making the changes you need to click update distribution and then it will save

• Administrators

Is it showing Bandwidth Allocation for applications rather than devices? If so and you switch back to devices it will have saved. Also if you tried to allocate to both devices and applications it will only work for one, not the other.

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is it showing Bandwidth Allocation for applications rather than devices? If so and you switch back to devices it will have saved. Also if you tried to allocate to both devices and applications it will only work for one, not the other.

I found that allocations were not saving, because the Prioritize all devices option was checked.
I'm doing several tests to find the best results. but this R2 impressed me, because during the matches I feel so light that it seems that the game is in a private room playing alone, the hit detect is very perfect. it was the best investment I have made so far to improve my online experience

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Andpodepah said:

I found that allocations were not saving, because the Prioritize all devices option was checked.
I'm doing several tests to find the best results. but this R2 impressed me, because during the matches I feel so light that it seems that the game is in a private room playing alone, the hit detect is very perfect. it was the best investment I have made so far to improve my online experience

That is really great to hear, thank you for the feedback, glad you're enjoying it!