NetDuma R2 Packet Loss

SendNukes

I'm running my ping plotter to multiple ips to detect where I'm losing packets and in every line, im losing damn near 50% packet right at the netduma.

I tried to turn off qos

I tried to reset bandwidth allocation

I've tried to factory reset it.

What can be the issue?

What do you have the interval set at? If it’s set lower than 2.5 seconds it can sometime falsely show packet loss at hop 1

I would recommend running a test directly from your modem, ping twitter.com then run exactly the same test from your R2. Post both sets of results here and we can help you out

• Administrators

Post the screenshots of the results you're getting please.

Also do a command prompt ping from your PC to the R2 LAN IP by doing ping 192.168.77.1 -t and then after a little while press Ctrl + C to stop it. Then do the same for the LAN IP of the modem.

It didn't give issues the night  I ended up running ping plotter. But just like most nights, I wake up and the netduma r2 has stopped working as far transmitting signal.

I have since taken the netduma out of the mix and I haven't had issues.  So ill probably just wait on some updates 

On 9/10/2020 at 10:59 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Post the screenshots of the results you're getting please.

Also do a command prompt ping from your PC to the R2 LAN IP by doing ping 192.168.77.1 -t and then after a little while press Ctrl + C to stop it. Then do the same for the LAN IP of the modem.

10_30_136.1.thumb.png.d4a9ae70f8a22a8ae0221578b2859fa9.pngdumaos_lan.thumb.png.95162c88327c53d179af6613c7620dd9.png68_105_29_16.thumb.png.97c4bff4414d9462b9a1b9d1c40c9ee2.png

above are:

1) ping pc straight to my modem 

2) Ping from pc through netduma r2 to modem

3) Ping to Google ip through netduma 

Not to mention, half of the time, when im connected to the wifi of the netduma r2 with my phone, majority of the time, it says connected without internet. 

This is gigabit speeds

I'm in the same room as the modem and router. 

The network is far from crowded.

Maybe 3-4 things using internet total. 

I'm losing packets on ping plotter and this is all hard wired with brand new cables.

Wifi hardly stays "online"

I need serious help. But please do view the ping plotter pics above 

• Administrators

You don't need to worry about the packet loss shown there because you're not actually getting loss to the destination - if you were then you would see red bars in that bottom graph so you won't be experiencing any issues through ethernet based on these results. Regarding WiFi I've sent you a PM.

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You don't need to worry about the packet loss shown there because you're not actually getting loss to the destination - if you were then you would see red bars in that bottom graph so you won't be experiencing any issues through ethernet based on these results. Regarding WiFi I've sent you a PM.

I replied