CS:GO Players - we need you!

Netduma Admin

• Administrators

We have been working on improvements for the Geo-Filter and need the help of CS:GO players (mainly Competitive mode) to do some testing.

Please post in this thread if you play CS:GO regularly and would like to help with testing. List the DumaOS router(s) you own in your response.

Thanks!

• 9 months later...

Just discovered this. I'm interested to know if this can help the fight against playing competitive games, i.e. CSGO with toxic nations (hate throwing them in the same bucket but it's legit made me stop playing comp games).

Also are you making a more up to date router that has good hardware?

cheers

1 hour ago, Bonse said:

Just discovered this. I'm interested to know if this can help the fight against playing competitive games, i.e. CSGO with toxic nations (hate throwing them in the same bucket but it's legit made me stop playing comp games).

Also are you making a more up to date router that has good hardware?

cheers

We've been doing a fair bit of research into CS:GO lately actually, Geo-filter works fantastically well with it. It can't however affect the skill level of the players you're coming up against, it just ensure you're on a level playing field with them. We don't have any public plans for new hardware to tell you about yet I'm afraid.

7 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

We've been doing a fair bit of research into CS:GO lately actually, Geo-filter works fantastically well with it. It can't however affect the skill level of the players you're coming up against, it just ensure you're on a level playing field with them. We don't have any public plans for new hardware to tell you about yet I'm afraid.

Thanks for the prompt response. 

I wouldnt want it to mess with the ranking side of things, i just dont want to be playing with people from russia, poland, turkey etc.

7 minutes ago, Bonse said:

Thanks for the prompt response. 

I wouldnt want it to mess with the ranking side of things, i just dont want to be playing with people from russia, poland, turkey etc.

Yeah it certainly could, essentially it will allow you to force a local server every time you search for a game. You may still get players from Russia etc connecting to the same server as you, though you'll have a much better ping than them so you'll actually be at an advantage.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
30 minutes ago, Qure said:

I play CS:GO quite a bit. isn't the Geo-Filter for CS:GO is useless since they use 'relay-servers' or whatnot to avoid ddos-attacks.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It is harder but I believe it does work for non ranked games

• 6 months later...

This is something I just found. I'm curious whether this may aid in the battle against playing competitive games, such as CSGO with nasty nations (I hate lumping them together, but it's what made me stop playing competitive games).

Also, are you working on a new router with better hardware?

• Administrators
11 hours ago, jessicaagu said:

This is something I just found. I'm curious whether this may aid in the battle against playing competitive games, such as CSGO with nasty nations (I hate lumping them together, but it's what made me stop playing competitive games).

Also, are you working on a new router with better hardware?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The idea behind it is that you can force servers that are closer to you so you have a lower ping and a better experience. You won't be able to prevent players from other countries joining but it should be more people from the server country. 

We're focusing on updates currently but if you want better hardware check out the Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming range which also uses our DumaOS software.

• 1 month later...

It's A shame when I have spent all this money for xr1000 and they only game I'm playing is CSGO. Geofilter it does not working or like u says only in not ranking mode. Bollocks. Such a big company with big money can not resolve problem like that...

1 hour ago, Tubis said:

It's A shame when I have spent all this money for xr1000 and they only game I'm playing is CSGO. Geofilter it does not working or like u says only in not ranking mode. Bollocks. Such a big company with big money can not resolve problem like that...

Welcome to the forum!

Are you filtering for nearby servers or are you trying to force distant ones? In what way isn't it working?

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Tubis said:

Welcome lads. Do apoligize to forget Say hello!. But I'm really disapointed. If you can not switch filtering mode is not gonna work at all. Am I right ?

No worries! It won't let you select Filtering Mode? When you add the device it should give you the option to add it with our recommendation which puts it in Filtering Mode right away

The trouble is that not doing it. When add new device for  cs go it says is on But without filtering mode because is not available for this game. And on geo map is not showing antyhing. Only on ping map I can see servers.  But on geo nothing at all ?!

• Administrators

Okay delete the device from the Geo-Filter, go to the Device Manager and give the PC a PlayStation device type, then re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option then see if it filters correctly.

Did check it tonight and filters shows some Players on map etc But servers are still with high ping. I tried  both options with ping searching and with servers only by map distance  should be below 35ms and have had games more then 50. Been playing with friends in lobby Without adding them on anywhere on dumos. Is this can fuc* up geofilter?

• Administrators

The Geo-Filter doesn't lower ping it itself but it allows you to find the closest servers which could have a low ping but it does depend on your location in relation to the servers. Whereabouts are you based and where is the closest server you're connecting to? Are you viewing the ping in game or on the Geo-Filter?

It's best to add them to your allow list yes but if you're able to connect to them already it won't negatively affect you.

Uk mate, closest one is in London

Let's says I have got 4 servers next to my location with low ping (no more then 35ms each) and when I have got polygon mode on to mark only those servers (with ping searching On 0) its still finding games with ping more then that Around 45-50. 

Is it because I have got friends in lobby ?

14 minutes ago, Tubis said:

Most of the time they are outside and my ping is still high idk But it seems like something is not set up correctly or It just doesn't work on cs go...

Can you send over a screenshot of how Geo-filter is currently configured? Perhaps we're missing something.