Which to buy? XR300, XR500 ou R2

Andpodepah

Hello! I'm recent on the forum, and I would like a help!
My scenario today is just to connect my PS4 via cable to the router, to play online. here at home only 3 people use the wifi network, and it doesn't bother me at all. My current buffer is A +.
I would like to know which router is to use only via cable, XR300 or XR500?
these two models will have Dumaos 3.0 ??
or would it be better to buy R2?

Guest Killhippie
17 minutes ago, Andpodepah said:

Hello! I'm recent on the forum, and I would like a help!
My scenario today is just to connect my PS4 via cable to the router, to play online. here at home only 3 people use the wifi network, and it doesn't bother me at all. My current buffer is A +.
I would like to know which router is to use only via cable, XR300 or XR500?
these two models will have Dumaos 3.0 ??
or would it be better to buy R2?

R2 is the only router with a release version of DumaOS 3.0, the XR500 will get it as its in beta, so will the XR300. If you wanted more power the XR500 would be the router to buy. The choice is yours.

2 hours ago, Andpodepah said:

I understood that the Xr500's processor is better and with more powerful wifi that's all.
in my case as i'm going to use ps4 via cable only, i believe that R2 would be better.

forget it, if you want 3.0

Guest Killhippie
13 hours ago, scrubosaurus said:

forget it, if you want 3.0

The XR500 will get 3.0 and is in beta currently. It will get it soon enough. Netgear Betas are tight, and controlled carefully,  Since that router has two lots of firmware, Netgears and DumaOS's they have to be extra careful hence the beta takes longer.  :)

2 hours ago, Killhippie said:

The XR500 will get 3.0 and is in beta currently. It will get it soon enough. Netgear Betas are tight, and controlled carefully,  Since that router has two lots of firmware, Netgears and DumaOS's they have to be extra careful hence the beta takes longer.  :)

if you want 3.0 in a near future, buy R2

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

If you want software that will run on a router that is optimized for it and will receive updates faster then the R2 is for you - it still has solid hardware. If you want more powerful hardware then would suggest the XR500. 

Hello guys!
Thank you very much for your feeback ...
I really am very happy to have bought R2 ... I am from Brazil but my mother is returning from Croatia and will bring my R2 I made the purchase today on your website. another router that will push my channel on youtube and the guys here in Brazil will want this new R2 that's for sure.