Advised on Facebook to post here for help optimising settings.

Satan1976

Hello again guys.

I was asked by Netduma to post in here for help optimising my settings.

Warzone is still pretty much impossible to play still, despite having Geo-Filter on. I'm getting into Dedicated UK servers with 15-25 ping in game, and 7-20 ping in Geo-filter. I am getting smashed to bits by people that I myself should be putting down way before their hits kill me. Its like they manage to hit me with 10-15 hits instantly. When i watch the kill-cam footage, they where shooting a good second or so before I saw them shooting in-game. I can get some footage, but I wouldn't want my recording to be a factor of the delay either, so hopefully you can relate to my description.

I hear that people notice a huge difference in their game experience using the R2, but personally, I see no difference from my Plusnet hub. 

TiA

• Administrators

What is the exact setup you're using now - you're using the Plusnet hub so have you put the R2 in its DMZ? Do you still have devices connected to the Plusnet?

What are your QoS settings? Have you used Connection Benchmark and QoS together to lower your ping under load as much as you can?

1 hour ago, Satan1976 said:

Its like they manage to hit me with 10-15 hits instantly. When i watch the kill-cam footage, they where shooting a good second or so before I saw them shooting in-game. I can get some footage, but I wouldn't want my recording to be a factor of the delay either, so hopefully you can relate to my description.

I know the super bullet feeling very well as I was experiencing it last night also!

Try forcing Germany servers as I found it was more balanced.

1 hour ago, Satan1976 said:

I'm getting into Dedicated UK servers with 15-25 ping in game, and 7-20 ping in Geo-filter. I am getting

Also if your getting this amount of variation in ping reading it sounds like it not always on the same server?

Find your lowest ping using ping heat map.(warzone)

Set ping assist to say e.g 15

Boot game with geo enabled

Hope it helps

25 minutes ago, progprogprog said:

Also if your getting this amount of variation in ping reading it sounds like it not always on the same server?

Find your lowest ping using ping heat map.(warzone)

Set ping assist to say e.g 15

Boot game with geo enabled

Hope it helps

How do you manage to only connect to one dedicated server? I can only find two dedicated servers in the uk that are about 9 & 15ms. These are located on the south coast in ping heat map. But when connecting on Geo-Filter, not only are the servers in a completely different location, I get multiple dedicated server id’s (logical really as the servers run many games at once) 

I deny every peer that the game connects to. I’m not sure if that the right way about it, but I don’t want to play on a peer hosted game. 

And I have my ping assist on zero. What benefit does having the ping assist on 15 actually have? 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the exact setup you're using now - you're using the Plusnet hub so have you put the R2 in its DMZ? Do you still have devices connected to the Plusnet?

What are your QoS settings? Have you used Connection Benchmark and QoS together to lower your ping under load as much as you can?

How do you do the later with benchmark and QOS? 

10 minutes ago, Satan1976 said:

How do you manage to only connect to one dedicated server? I can only find two dedicated servers in the uk that are about 9 & 15ms. These are located on the south coast in ping heat map. But when connecting on Geo-Filter, not only are the servers in a completely different location, I get multiple dedicated server id’s (logical really as the servers run many games at once) 

Sorry I didn't mean the same identical server.

I just mean where the ping stays the same

e.g on pc it shows the ping reading at the top of the screen so I can see that if I'm in uk my ping will say 35 where as if it is france it will be 39

My jitter on adsl is very low so it stays on 35 through out the game.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Satan1976 said:

I deny every peer that the game connects to. I’m not sure if that the right way about it, but I don’t want to play on a peer hosted game. 

7 minutes ago, Satan1976 said:

How do you do the later with benchmark and QOS? 

You can move your home location/radius to place it over servers you would like to connect to. When you boot the game up for the first time it will show you where the servers are. You can also use the Polygon to draw a custom radius over the area you want. No I wouldn't recommend denying that way as the radius does that, also the game primarily uses servers. 

Do a normal connection benchmark with no QoS being used. Then use Auto Setup option for Congestion and apply the settings (if they're not too extreme) and do another benchmark test and see what the ping under load shows. You want to get it as low as possible. If needed manually adjust the Congestion Control sliders and keep experimenting until you find the percentages that lower this the most.

2 hours ago, Satan1976 said:

Hello again guys.

I was asked by Netduma to post in here for help optimising my settings.

Warzone is still pretty much impossible to play still, despite having Geo-Filter on. I'm getting into Dedicated UK servers with 15-25 ping in game, and 7-20 ping in Geo-filter. I am getting smashed to bits by people that I myself should be putting down way before their hits kill me. Its like they manage to hit me with 10-15 hits instantly. When i watch the kill-cam footage, they where shooting a good second or so before I saw them shooting in-game. I can get some footage, but I wouldn't want my recording to be a factor of the delay either, so hopefully you can relate to my description.

I hear that people notice a huge difference in their game experience using the R2, but personally, I see no difference from my Plusnet hub. 

TiA

Hey put up the footage the issue you are complaining about i think it is COD over all. could be skilled based matchmaking could be your isp connection. 

Question do you have a fiber connection low pings to speed test sites near you? Even though this really does not indicate much but just curious is all?

I do see some people on you tube that have R2 with 3.0 have praise for it but i also see many on OS 2.0 that have no issues when it comes  to hit detection in cod also..

1. I get white heads and servers outside my radius or polygon area. 
2. when I test in heat map, the servers are in a different location to the servers when I join in game. 
3. If I’m only using my PC on the network, how does the benchmarking improve the ping? 

14 hours ago, CableGames22 said:

Hey put up the footage the issue you are complaining about i think it is COD over all. could be skilled based matchmaking could be your isp connection. 

Question do you have a fiber connection low pings to speed test sites near you? Even though this really does not indicate much but just curious is all?

I do see some people on you tube that have R2 with 3.0 have praise for it but i also see many on OS 2.0 that have no issues when it comes  to hit detection in cod also..

Why would skill based match making cause latency in hit detection? 
from what I’ve read, the tick rate being as low as 20 makes Warzone such a bad experience. Which is what I believe is causing the bullets to all hit me at once. Most games require a 60 and higher tick rate. If the server only updates data 20 times a second, compared to 60, the bullet impact does the same. 
I have fibre to cabinet, 45mb down and 15mb up. Ping to local speedtest is 5-9ms

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can move your home location/radius to place it over servers you would like to connect to. When you boot the game up for the first time it will show you where the servers are. You can also use the Polygon to draw a custom radius over the area you want. No I wouldn't recommend denying that way as the radius does that, also the game primarily uses servers. 

Do a normal connection benchmark with no QoS being used. Then use Auto Setup option for Congestion and apply the settings (if they're not too extreme) and do another benchmark test and see what the ping under load shows. You want to get it as low as possible. If needed manually adjust the Congestion Control sliders and keep experimenting until you find the percentages that lower this the most.

So when the game connects to a PEER, you still get the same quality of connection compared to a dedicated? 

14 hours ago, Satan1976 said:

Why would skill based match making cause latency in hit detection? 
from what I’ve read, the tick rate being as low as 20 makes Warzone such a bad experience. Which is what I believe is causing the bullets to all hit me at once. Most games require a 60 and higher tick rate. If the server only updates data 20 times a second, compared to 60, the bullet impact does the same. 

How good or bad are you at the game? Did you first start out doing well now your doing bad over the months patch after patch from cod? what is your Kill death ratio like. the tick rate when i play spikes up n down when i play. Sometimes goes over 60 then goes 58 54 60 while in a match but i have never seen it go that low in TDM or KC to 20.

So when the game connects to a PEER, you still get the same quality of connection compared to a dedicated? 

some yes but in the first three 1 on 1 gun fight encounters i pretty much know if it is a good peer or not by what your describing, by you shoot first and your opponent does not die and you land all your shots.. well that land all your shots is what you see on your end but not sure what the mechanics of the connection between the consoles or pc's are actually doing for your opponent," Do you or anyone know what's going on when this happens?"..Or not only that could the game have something built in to let people with less skill have a fighting can against you if your a good player. I don't know just giving you something to think about is all.

20 minutes ago, CableGames22 said:

How good or bad are you at the game? Did you first start out doing well now your doing bad over the months patch after patch from cod? what is your Kill death ratio like. the tick rate when i play spikes up n down when i play. Sometimes goes over 60 then goes 58 54 60 while in a match but i have never seen it go that low in TDM or KC to 20.

Warzone has a 20 tick rate. MP is higher. Custom game tournaments has to change it for quality purposes because the competitors complained that 20 was too low for prize competitions. 
I have been playing FPS since the first ghost recon was released on PC, and played in the igs league. So I’m good enough to realise when it’s not my skill level that’s letting me down. 
min multiplayer I consistently hit over 2.0kd (unless I have a really bad game) 

8 minutes ago, Satan1976 said:

Warzone has a 20 tick rate. MP is higher. Custom game tournaments has to change it for quality purposes because the competitors complained that 20 was too low for prize competitions. 
I have been playing FPS since the first ghost recon was released on PC, and played in the ifs league. So I’m good enough to realise when it’s not my skill level that’s letting me down. 
min multiplayer I consistently hit over 2.0kd (unless I have a really bad game) 

no no my friend i'm not saying your skill level is letting you down. Could it be your skill level is getting nurfed by skill based match making because your to good?

5 minutes ago, CableGames22 said:

no no my friend i'm not saying your skill level is letting you down. Could it be your skill level is getting nurfed by skill based match making because your to good?

Why would it nurf me slower that everyone else I meet in Warzone? That isn’t a thing..... is it? And if so, why do streamers not experience the same if not worse?

9 minutes ago, Satan1976 said:

Why would it nurf me slower that everyone else I meet in Warzone? That isn’t a thing..... is it? And if so, why do streamers not experience the same if not worse?

Maybe, not saying this is the case but maybe so that the people your playing against," less skilled players"  have a great experience and your not just mowing them down all the time maybe? maybe not?  Dunno buddy but if you have a 2.0 kd your gaming experience should be fine i would imagine. At any rate good luck.. you have the best router out there for getting you the closet servers to you of your choice, you for sure should not be having issues with hit detection.

8 hours ago, Satan1976 said:

I wouldn't do this. In regular multiplayer I always get connected to a server but over 90% of the time it's listed as "peer" on the R2

• Administrators

1. I get white heads and servers outside my radius or polygon area. 
2. when I test in heat map, the servers are in a different location to the servers when I join in game. 
3. If I’m only using my PC on the network, how does the benchmarking improve the ping? 

Could you provide a screenshot of the entire Geo-Filter please of what you're seeing when you're in a game please?

Devices, including the PC can do background updates which can still affect your connection. So would definitely be a good idea to optimize that. What I mean is that if the Geo-Filter shows a peer it is most likely misclassified and is actually a server.

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I have drawn a polygon around the two location that the game activated as my nearest servers. 

I did the two tests as you requested and have posted the two results.

Test 1.jpg

Test 3.jpg

Test2.jpg

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you provide a screenshot of the entire Geo-Filter please of what you're seeing when you're in a game please?

Devices, including the PC can do background updates which can still affect your connection. So would definitely be a good idea to optimize that. What I mean is that if the Geo-Filter shows a peer it is most likely misclassified and is actually a server.

The tick rate of 46 is the warm up of Warzone, then once the game starts it settles at the 21.

Im not sure what that allowed server is doing on the 3rd SS either lol

Test5.jpg

Test4.jpg

123456789.png

This would have been nice to be made aware of. It must be confusing many people. Do you have any plans on uploading an official video explaining all the features and settings of the 3.0 FW?

I get into a great game and this happens. HOW FRUSTRATING! His next kill at 42s is even better ;)

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Satan1976 said:

This would have been nice to be made aware of. It must be confusing many people. Do you have any plans on uploading an official video explaining all the features and settings of the 3.0 FW?

I get into a great game and this happens. HOW FRUSTRATING! His next kill at 42s is even better ;)

We will likely make some videos for 3.0 once everyone is able to use it yes!