Still No 3.0 on pre R2 devices

marki3d

So after months of hyping up the community about duma 3.0 for nighthawk devices, then boom, R2 announce and release. Now for people that spend $300 add on Netgear devices are now left in the dark and we gonna have to wait until the beta reaches us or another year so to fully release. I personally not going to spend another $150 for a device for just upgrade OS that we all should have gotten for free. 

• Administrators

We're certainly not suggesting anyone buys it just to get the software as the software is coming to all the routers. DumaOS is optimized for the R2, by that I mean it was built using the R2, which means that has allowed us to develop faster and to bring the beta out for R1 and XR500. It is significant work porting to other router architectures, that is where the slowdown comes in. Also you paid for the router and the software it had at the time - of course updates with bug fixes, security fixes would be expected. However, elevating your router to have way more features and the Rapp store so it would be constantly evolving is not something we had to do, nor did we have to do this for free but we chose to do this. I realize you're frustrated at the speed at which it's being released but we're trying to make this the best it can be for all our customers. With all the features we've introduced we could have made a new router and made it exclusive to that but we didn't because we love our customers.

7 hours ago, marki3d said:

So after months of hyping up the community about duma 3.0 for nighthawk devices, then boom, R2 announce and release. Now for people that spend $300 add on Netgear devices are now left in the dark and we gonna have to wait until the beta reaches us or another year so to fully release. I personally not going to spend another $150 for a device for just upgrade OS that we all should have gotten for free. 

They weren't hyping it for any one device bro, they were hyping their software in general. They have also stated NUMEROUS times that netgear has a very strenuous approval process for firmware releases. I got in on the 3.0 beta on my R1, after seeing what it could do and using the heatmap to quickly and efficiently see which game servers were best for me, I was off to the races. I bought the r2 not even a week or 2 later, especially with my bandwidth being pretty up there and needing a QOS that could hang. As for your free comment, no, it shouldn't be free but they are choosing to bring the software to Netgear for free. Free means you get it when you get it, if you're struggling so bad in gaming i can tell you that it might just be you. Yes, even when i was on a slow ass dsl link, i was using fast path. A form of lower latency, no error check style of line. I was reaching the gears of war Texas server at 4ms!!! Even then, i still had shit matches, because sometimes, you just have a shit game and you're not as focused as you think. This firmware won't make you good, it will however guarantee you have a stable connection and get the closest server to you. Which those features alone are already part of the XR500.... so you're not missing a WHOLE lot atm. Be happy you're getting something for free and stop being so entitled dude. Like I have told younger technicians before, "we'll be done when we get done". Welcome to life dude, cheers.