Netduma xr500 and netduma r2

Already got the xr500..but i ordered the R2 ..question..i got a cable modem connected straight to my xr500..when i get my r2 i plan on going modem-r2-xr500(just for wifi) and shutting the wifi off on the r2..will this work?i basically want the only thing really coming from the r2 is my ps4 wired and everything else on wifi the xr500 can deal with..thanx in advance

That should work perfectly fine.  Just an fyi.  All the devices that will be connected to the XR500 will show up as wired. Because the R2 is connected to the XR500 by wire it is going to see all the devices as having a wire connection.  I believe Netduma is working on remedying this though.

So I got my new R2 in :) But I may need someone smarter then me to come set this up to use both the XR500 and the R2. I turned off the DHCP on the 500 and changed its IP address the range on the R2 starts at 100.

is your service providers modem just a modem or a modem router combo?..its tricky ...i went cable modem(yellow port to r2 blue port aka the Wan)-r2(to playstation lan 1. lan 2 to xr500 wan).then i turned all routers and modem off via unplugging.turned my cable modem on..waited 30 seconds.turned my r2 on..30 seconds and then turned the xr500 on..once i got them running normal i went into the xr500 and put it in ap mode..reset all modems and routers again and it worked..

WOW not for me lol they are fighting for control and after a minute or 2 I'm disconnected from the internet. I own the cable modem it's a NetGear CM1000. Did the R2 change the XR500's IP when you put it in AP mode? How did you reconnect to it after it changed it's IP?  I will try it like you have your set up tomorrow keep you posted. Thanks for the help :)

i dont remember if it changed it ip..but first thing i did wS went in duma and enabled dhcp..and gave them both static ip..then i shut them off..turned my cable modem on..waited a mjnute..turned my r2 on..made sure i was connected to the r2..and then turned the xr500 on qnd all my devices connected to the xr500 showed up on my r2

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Apoc said:

WOW not for me lol they are fighting for control and after a minute or 2 I'm disconnected from the internet. I own the cable modem it's a NetGear CM1000. Did the R2 change the XR500's IP when you put it in AP mode? How did you reconnect to it after it changed it's IP?  I will try it like you have your set up tomorrow keep you posted. Thanks for the help :)

I'm not sure exactly what you did but sounds like you maybe put them on the same subnet which won't work. All you need to do is connect the R2 to the modem, the XR500 to the R2 and set the XR500 to AP mode and then you're done!

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Apoc said:

when I use congestion control auto-setup, I lose my internet connection is this normal?

I'm not sure if the message is there on your version or not, I don't think it is but in a future version this is what it will say the first time you use the feature:

autosetup.png

• 1 year later...
On 8/21/2020 at 5:00 PM, MassaDebata85 said:

is your service providers modem just a modem or a modem router combo?..its tricky ...i went cable modem(yellow port to r2 blue port aka the Wan)-r2(to playstation lan 1. lan 2 to xr500 wan).then i turned all routers and modem off via unplugging.turned my cable modem on..waited 30 seconds.turned my r2 on..30 seconds and then turned the xr500 on..once i got them running normal i went into the xr500 and put it in ap mode..reset all modems and routers again and it worked..

So from the r2 port you connected it to the xr500 internet port?

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, SocomRaised said:

So from the r2 port you connected it to the xr500 internet port?

If you're wanting your setup to be modem > R2 > XR500 then it would be R2 LAN port to XR internet port you're right

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're wanting your setup to be modem > R2 > XR500 then it would be R2 LAN port to XR internet port you're right

Can I use the r1 with 480mbps dl 24mbps ul and use the xr500 as a ap with a busy house or would the r1 not work? My xr500 doesn't really work well and wifi keeps crashing on it alot is why I'm asking

• Administrators
1 minute ago, ryekye said:

Can I use the r1 with 480mbps dl 24mbps ul and use the xr500 as a ap with a busy house or would the r1 not work? My xr500 doesn't really work well and wifi keeps crashing on it alot is why I'm asking

It might be a close call on whether you'd get your full speeds through the R1 - you'd probably have to disable QoS fully but yes overall you could do that setup. Make a new topic about your XR issues and we can help.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It might be a close call on whether you'd get your full speeds through the R1 - you'd probably have to disable QoS fully but yes overall you could do that setup. Make a new topic about your XR issues and we can help.

Yikes I need qos though and ok I'll make a topic

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Only way to know is give it a try, some people get higher some lower, it does differ across connections

Well I get 480 dl 24 ul so I'll try but wifi would be the xr wired devices to xr also