Adbocker Not Working

Chris J

• Administrators

You can try it but it may not work still, don't factory reset after upgrading as it definitely won't work then. Let us know how you get on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vklzjkftpdcd01t/DumaOS-R2-RC5-Production-3.0.129-100820.sig?dl=0

To update: Download the file above, open DumaOS, click the three dots in the top right corner, choose update, upload the file you just downloaded, and wait a few minutes while the R2 restarts.

Thanks Fraser. Didn’t work, but found out what’s causing the issue. If I connect directly to the Duma R2 WiFi adblocking works. It doesn’t work if I connect through my wireless access point that’s connectedthe Duma R2.

2 minutes ago, Chris J said:

Thanks Fraser. Didn’t work, but found out what’s causing the issue. If I connect directly to the Duma R2 WiFi adblocking works. It doesn’t work if I connect through my wireless access point that’s connectedthe Duma R2.

For reference what extender are you using?

Okay, my apologies. It only only works if I have the Duma R2 WiFi enabled. If I disable WiFi on the R2 it will not work on clients connected to my AP. I disabled it because I don’t need it and want to save power. Does WiFi need to always be enabled for all of the features to work?

10 minutes ago, Chris J said:

Okay, my apologies. It only only works if I have the Duma R2 WiFi enabled. If I disable WiFi on the R2 it will not work on clients connected to my AP. I disabled it because I don’t need it and want to save power. Does WiFi need to always be enabled for all of the features to work?

Do you have wireless clients like an smartphone or iPad or any device that uses WiFi?

your extender needs WiFi an Access point is wired to the router.

• Administrators

Sorry just to clarify, are you using an AP (directly connected to the router that provides WiFi) or an extender that connects to the R2? The devices in question connected to either, do they appear in the Device Manager? To confirm:

• Devices connected directly via ethernet to the R2 = Adblocker works
  • Devices connected direct to the R2 WiFi = Adblocker works
  • Devices connected via AP/Extender that is connected to the R2 = Adblocker doesn't work

By works/doesn't work, I mean you can go to the same site in each example and ads are either blocked or visible.

• Devices connected direct to the R2 WiFi = Adblocker work
  • Devices connected via AP/Extender that is connected to the R2 = Adblocker doesn't work if the WiFi on the R2 5ghz and 2gz are turned off
  • Devices connected via AP/Extender that is connected to the R2 = Adblocker does work if the WiFi on the R2 5ghz or 2gz are turned on

@Nutduma Fraser See above.

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, Chris J said:
  • Devices connected via AP/Extender that is connected to the R2 = Adblocker doesn't work if the WiFi on the R2 5ghz and 2gz are turned off
  • Devices connected via AP/Extender that is connected to the R2 = Adblocker does work if the WiFi on the R2 5ghz or 2gz are turned on

@Nutduma Fraser See above.

Thanks for the clarification, is that with the other device in AP or extender mode?

Guest Killhippie
12 hours ago, Chris J said:
  • Devices connected via AP/Extender that is connected to the R2 = Adblocker does work if the WiFi on the R2 5ghz or 2gz are turned on.

The above is expected behaviour. With no power the router cannot apply an adblocker as the router is simply powered off on Ethernet and via Wi-Fi. You router is working as expected I would say :)

LOL, that’s silly. I was referring to the WiFi 5ghz and 2ghz radios being turned off, not the entire router. How can I even post on the forum if my router’s turned off?

600CB859-2143-4818-B406-44BD22C0E6F2.png

@Chris J did your testing show that you only had to have the R2's wifi on even if there aren't any clients on it? Im using an AP too and have the R2 wifi off.  Ive noticed it blocks some ads but not all. I just assumed it was a whitelist/ blacklist thing. Did you update the firmware to the hotfix version?