Longer Loading Times for Streaming Services

major masingil

One of the things my wife noticed right away was it took longer for streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and heaven forbid...Britbox to load.  They buffered for a while longer than they do on my Edge Router.  Some of the streaming apps took considerably longer, but they still worked. I have a 100/100 Fiber ISP service, and buffering is not something we are used to seeing. 

I'm wondering if this delay is because of the DumaOS magic that is going on behind the scenes in the R2?    

Guest Killhippie
30 minutes ago, major masingil said:

One of the things my wife noticed right away was it took longer for streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and heaven forbid...Britbox to load.  They buffered for a while longer than they do on my Edge Router.  Some of the streaming apps took considerably longer, but they still worked. I have a 100/100 Fiber ISP service, and buffering is not something we are used to seeing. 

I'm wondering if this delay is because of the DumaOS magic that is going on behind the scenes in the R2?    

Are these connected wirelessly or by Ethernet?

• Administrators

Do you have the Adblock enabled? We will be/are updating the lists frequently so in some cases it could block something needed and then we can rectify that. If you disable the Adblocker does it load correctly.

15 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Are these connected wirelessly or by Ethernet?

They are connected through Ethernet

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have the Adblock enabled? We will be/are updating the lists frequently so in some cases it could block something needed and then we can rectify that. If you disable the Adblocker does it load correctly.

I had the Adblocker on.  The services did load, but some of them took longer than what we are used to. A couple were so long I thought they app was locked up.  I'll do some more tests with the Adblocker off

When "Disabling" Adblocker on a specific device instead of pausing it, there is no visual indicator that the device has had Adblocker disabled. Is it possible to permanently disable Adblocker for 1 device? 

Below is a list of top blocked domains. This list populated from the time I turned Adblocker on ( 10 minutes ago) and checked the TV Apps to make sure everything was working.  It seemed like the TV was running normally. How do we tell if the list below has important stuff on it which should not be blocked? 

• v10.events.data.microsoft.com
  • mobile.pipe.aria.microsoft.com
  • log-ingestion.samsungacr.com
  • activity.windows.com
  • dpu.samsungelectronics.com
  • kpu.samsungelectronics.com
  • trace.svc.ui.com
  • msmetrics.ws.sonos.com
  • ichnaea.netflix.com

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, major masingil said:

When "Disabling" Adblocker on a specific device instead of pausing it, there is no visual indicator that the device has had Adblocker disabled. Is it possible to permanently disable Adblocker for 1 device? 

Below is a list of top blocked domains. This list populated from the time I turned Adblocker on ( 10 minutes ago) and checked the TV Apps to make sure everything was working.  It seemed like the TV was running normally. How do we tell if the list below has important stuff on it which should not be blocked? 

• v10.events.data.microsoft.com
  • mobile.pipe.aria.microsoft.com
  • log-ingestion.samsungacr.com
  • activity.windows.com
  • dpu.samsungelectronics.com
  • kpu.samsungelectronics.com
  • trace.svc.ui.com
  • msmetrics.ws.sonos.com
  • ichnaea.netflix.com

Good catch on that, I'll raise that with the team. That is the way to disable it permanently but as you say hard to tell which is disabled. Basically just use the services/applications you normally use and then if you encounter any loading issues etc then first disable for that device, see if it loads properly and if it does then let us know in the appropriate topic and we can rectify it. If you had a good idea of what it was then you could add it to the whitelist yourself as well.