Netduma R2 Is amazing!

Uzumaki619

• Administrators

To those having the tour keep appearing could you provide a screenshot of the whole screen when you first access the interface? If possible a video would be great as well. 

46 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

what are your sliders settings? I'm not enjoying the R2 right now. Some games my hit detection is amazing and other games it sucks. Please assist. I have 1G download speed.

10 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I only use LAN with my PS4 PRO. I have no other devices connected. I had a single line just for gaming. I play COD Modern Warfare only but my R2 is really struggling with hit detection. When I was using the ASUS AX1100 is was murdering everyone easily but now it's maybe once out of 8 games I get good hit detection. I just need to know what my sliders should be on and should I be using DMZ?

Have you used Connection Benchmark combined with QoS to try and get your Ping Under Load down as much as possible?

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

My apologies. I'm currently at work. I will send it when I get off though and wait for your reply. My ping is usually 20+ in game.

That's a pretty good ping to be honest. I'll await your screenshots and see what we can do.

• 3 weeks later...

[email protected]  I would start the ping at 50 and work your way down till you get servers to as low of a ping as you can get. I always run my ping around 25 to 30 and I get servers pinging lower then that. And yes set it to auto ping till you get some servers you like that you can allow that you can then use to jump off of for your game. But make sure you block the high ping servers or it my still try and use them. Hope fully this helps you.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

Having problems joining friends games and chats!!! Should I be using Auto Ping with my Ping Assist at "0" or should i put my Ping Assist at 30ms?

You will need to add your friends to your allow list so you can connect to them while using the Geo-Filter, the bottom of this guide will tell you how: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

Auto Ping is good so you don't have to manually ping the host. Up to you on Ping Assist, depends what finds you the best games, some good advice above.

I have the XR500 and getting a bit frustrated with slow updates etc.

Whilst the R2 has lower specs (processors etc) will it hold up to the speed of the XR500? (I'm not fussed about wifi performance). Do the faster processor speeds and more RAM on the XR500 make any difference?

Edit: I've ordered the R2 anyway and will sell my XR500. 

bobby boy  I have the XR500 and I picked up the R2 all I can tell you is it dose a great job and some of the servers I used to jumped off of with the XR500 now are far more stable and have way less ping spikes. So for me it has been a good buy the only issue I have come across is an issue with running my vpn program so I'm trying to figure out how to use the routers vpn with my info and I'm kind of lost on the set up.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, bobby boy said:

I have the XR500 and getting a bit frustrated with slow updates etc.

Whilst the R2 has lower specs (processors etc) will it hold up to the speed of the XR500? (I'm not fussed about wifi performance). Do the faster processor speeds and more RAM on the XR500 make any difference?

Edit: I've ordered the R2 anyway and will sell my XR500. 

I can appreciate that not getting the update yet is frustrating, we're getting lots of useful data from the beta and so hopefully a full release isn't too far away. It should absolutely be fine to handle your connection - it is also optimized for DumaOS 3.0 so no issues in that regard.

25 minutes ago, Mark1 said:

bobby boy  I have the XR500 and I picked up the R2 all I can tell you is it dose a great job and some of the servers I used to jumped off of with the XR500 now are far more stable and have way less ping spikes. So for me it has been a good buy the only issue I have come across is an issue with running my vpn program so I'm trying to figure out how to use the routers vpn with my info and I'm kind of lost on the set up.

Glad to hear you're having a good experience! You will need to obtain the Open VPN configuration files from your VPN provider, then you can add them to the advanced section of Hybrid VPN.

8 minutes ago, Mark1 said:

the only issue I have come across is an issue with running my vpn program so I'm trying to figure out how to use the routers vpn with my info and I'm kind of lost on the set up.

Who is your VPN provider?

If its not PureVPN or Hidemyass then you need to go to your VPN provider site and download/create a .ovpn file. This file can only have one location associated with it. e.g. UK  London, USA Miami etc.   

Go to R2 Hybrid VPN and enter your user name (usually your account number) and your password (your password could be your actual password for the VPN site or it could be a standard password set by your provider for exmpale MullVad password is simply the letter "m" ; becuase in the case of MullVad the differntiator is your username/account number)

Open your .ovpn file in notepad and copy the entire contents and paste them in  R2>> Hybrid VPN>> Advanced>> Configuartion . Scroll down to the bottom and hit connect. NB. if you cannot see the connect button then zoom out on the webpage so you can see the entire page on the screen and you will see the connect button.

1.  when running Hybrid VPN, remember to make sure you disable IPV6 in R2 and only have IPV4 enabled as it leaks DNS and this is something that Netduma are aware of
  2. Give each client that you want to go through the VPN tunnel a fixed IP address on R2 and also manually set a fixed IP on the client device, including your VPN providers DNS address rather than having it (DNS) point to R2

What's the best sliders value? when I use auto detect; the benchmark test gives D+ and the hit detection sucks. Not having a good experience with the R2. My Asus AX1100 seems to give me lower pings and better hit detection BUT I want the R2 to work good like my R1 use too. Thanks.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

What's the best sliders value? when I use auto detect; the benchmark test gives D+ and the hit detection sucks. Not having a good experience with the R2. My Asus AX1100 seems to give me lower pings and better hit detection BUT I want the R2 to work good like my R1 use too. Thanks.

That is very dependent on each persons connection. Use Always for Congestion Control and experiment with the percentages until you find what brings down the Ping Under Load results as much as possible.

52 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

They are still working on this so for now and they suggested starting at 70/70. It also much depends on your line and how active your network is at the time. For me I tend to have my DL at no less than 80 and my upload can vary between 60 and 80. 

As I understand it Netduma are looking at dynamic CC(?) but for now its a case of playing around. 

I need help! I got the new R2 and its been great but for some reason now after awhile I cant open all web pages and then at some point  I cant even get in to the router, But if I reset the router every thing goes back to normal and is great,Could the " DHCP Lease Time " be the problem? Even resetting my pc with a system image dose nothing only resetting the router fixes it.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Mark1 said:

I need help! I got the new R2 and its been great but for some reason now after awhile I cant open all web pages and then at some point  I cant even get in to the router, But if I reset the router every thing goes back to normal and is great,Could the " DHCP Lease Time " be the problem? Even resetting my pc with a system image dose nothing only resetting the router fixes it.

Please make a new topic next time so we can focus on helping you. It is very hard to say why that occurred, if it was DHCP lease then you would see it every 12 hours. You can change the hours to 168 if you like and see if it helps. Let us know if it happens again.