Ghost gaming broadband

Rdot

hey guys/ladies

Ive been looking to swap from virgin to ghost gaming broadband as virgin has be dreadful since january with latency gaming is unplayable. Ill be going for a lower mbps package compared. Currently on 350mbps down, 30up and the package with ghost is 43down and 8up so is a bit of a difference. Would that speed be suffient enough for gaming and streaming IPTV Ill be using my XR700 also. Ive looked for reviews on this gamer isp but cannot find anything at all only a couple of forums which dont give much light on what they are like once signed up and using the service.

Any insight would be brilliant.

4 hours ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

Games only need 3 download and 1 upload lol just check the ping and stability difference between the 2 isp's.

Thats the problem i only want 1 of these so one would be canceled on the day, have you heard much of this company?

@Rdot i recently joined Ghostgb just over a month, and so far its good. my base ping to london from south wales is 10ms, and to the netherlands its less than 24ms, which is really good. They have direct connections with some gaming services. like steam, xbox.amazon and google to name a few. The parent company is called structured communications. 12 month contract. currently with 30% knocked off.

1 hour ago, RedBull2k said:

@Rdot i recently joined Ghostgb just over a month, and so far its good. my base ping to london from south wales is 10ms, and to the netherlands its less than 24ms, which is really good. They have direct connections with some gaming services. like steam, xbox.amazon and google to name a few. The parent company is called structured communications. 12 month contract. currently with 30% knocked off.

Hi,

Thank you for the information.

Ive just signed up but my install isnt until 16th of this month, have you had any outages at all? And are you speeds as per advertised or are they considerably less?

No outages, speed as expected.

your going to be connected to FFTC with the speeds you gave, and as you know these are only estimates which will be the same for any provider you had chosen.

It will be pretty quiet now from them untill they have further information, like sending out your modem/router and this will be a tp-link archer vr400 you will be able to put this in modem only mode.

1 hour ago, RedBull2k said:

No outages, speed as expected.

your going to be connected to FFTC with the speeds you gave, and as you know these are only estimates which will be the same for any provider you had chosen.

It will be pretty quiet now from them untill they have further information, like sending out your modem/router and this will be a tp-link archer vr400 you will be able to put this in modem only mode.

Did you notice any better experience playing online? Like cod etc? 

5 minutes ago, RedBull2k said:

I only play cod. I havent played much even though I'm on furlough i think game play is subjective. I can only go off of how I feel and I feel great about it.

Ahh i think he meant with latency does kt seem to be a issue in game

Hi,

RedBull2k, thank you for your positive feedback in this thread. We are glad you are enjoying the service. :)

We take great pride in our network and the way we operate as a company. We don't do scripts and take a very personal approach to our customers and the services we provide.

Happy to answer any questions via phone or email. Details can be found on www.ghostgb.co.uk

Kind Regards,

GhostGB

UK only ...

3 hours ago, Ghost Gamer Broadband said:

Hi,

RedBull2k, thank you for your positive feedback in this thread. We are glad you are enjoying the service. :)

We take great pride in our network and the way we operate as a company. We don't do scripts and take a very personal approach to our customers and the services we provide.

Happy to answer any questions via phone or email. Details can be found on www.ghostgb.co.uk

Kind Regards,

GhostGB

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2020 at 3:21 AM, RedBull2k said:

No issues.

Yo, how’s the internet going with ghost?

Has switching made a difference to your online gaming experience?

Im looking to go with these.

Just now, Sable said:

Yo, how’s the internet going with ghost?

Has switching made a difference to your online gaming experience?

Im looking to go with these.

Huge difference, on fortnite im getting 0 ping, and gaming in general feels a lot smoother despite having a reduced speed to what i used to have

1 hour ago, Rdot said:

Huge difference, on fortnite im getting 0 ping, and gaming in general feels a lot smoother despite having a reduced speed to what i used to have

0 ping? Lol

• 3 weeks later...

@Flipmode I havent done a lot of gaming since lockdown, but i do fiddle about. My latency to game servers in eastern europe is very low of 25ms in locations. Depending where you are in the uk, you can be routed through liverpool or london.

On the day before my switchover i disconnected from the phone socket multiple times as i thought this would be the best time to make changes as my line would get a dlm reset on switchover day. However its been a couple of months now and my sync is 72Mbps compared to before it was the full 80Mpbs, but this is not really down to supplier.

I have had no disconnections and support offers a ticket system if needed, and as you mentioned your tied to a 12 month contract and unable to move to FTTP unless you pay the remainder on your FTTC. The links they have to game servers are really good. I have got mid 80ms to parts of the usa, aus and japan is about 250ms, all of which are on  ping heatmap for fortnite. comes with ipv6 that also works with the r2.

They do supply a free modem/router, i have discovered that mine came broken i have not made a ticket for it as i dont plan on using it.

Speed test throughout the day are very consistant. Take the plunge you wont be disappointed.

I have been using ghost for 2 months now it does seem very consistent and i only had my first issue the other day where i was connected to wifi with no internet  for about 10minutes im also getting higher speeds than the advertised