Auto ping vs in game ping

I was wondering on the auto ping I am connecting to a peer (is that a server) at 25ms, when I check it to the in game latency I am getting  50-60 ms. I have my circle set to 100 miles because thereis a server (a rectangle with a dot in the middle) I think with in my circle. Which ping is the right one and why are they different? Thanks

2 hours ago, Hausstang00 said:

I was wondering on the auto ping I am connecting to a peer (is that a server) at 25ms, when I check it to the in game latency I am getting  50-60 ms. I have my circle set to 100 miles because thereis a server (a rectangle with a dot in the middle) I think with in my circle. Which ping is the right one and why are they different? Thanks

In game ping meters add processing delay etc. All games do this, that is why the in game ping is higher. Auto Ping is your direct ping to the server and this is what you should focus on as it is what you can control.

• Administrators

As above, couldn't put it better myself! If you notice that the in game ping fluctuates/spikes a lot then that will indicate the server is under load and would suggest forcing a different server, perhaps even one slightly further away. The ping to the server may be slightly higher but it may be more stable.