Wireless devices show as wired in Network Map

Hi All,

I have an XR450 as my only gateway/router (replaced FiOS gateway) connected directly to FiOS ONT on a 1GB connection. I have multiple Netgear switches and a LinkSys Velop mesh wifi network with 4 nodes. All 4 nodes are on a wired backhaul to a 16 port netgear switch (12/16 ports are in use.) The switch connects to the router. Pretty straight forward set up.

Literally all devices show up as wired. My old FiOS router showed me which devices were actually wired and which were connected wirelessly. Is there any way to fix this in the XR450? 

Attached is the screenshot. As you can see, this view is not very helpful when trying to use the network map to manage devices as the network is not actually mapped correctly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 9.44.21 AM.png

5 hours ago, Truth720 said:

Hi All,

I have an XR450 as my only gateway/router (replaced FiOS gateway) connected directly to FiOS ONT on a 1GB connection. I have multiple Netgear switches and a LinkSys Velop mesh wifi network with 4 nodes. All 4 nodes are on a wired backhaul to a 16 port netgear switch (12/16 ports are in use.) The switch connects to the router. Pretty straight forward set up.

Literally all devices show up as wired. My old FiOS router showed me which devices were actually wired and which were connected wirelessly. Is there any way to fix this in the XR450? 

Attached is the screenshot. As you can see, this view is not very helpful when trying to use the network map to manage devices as the network is not actually mapped correctly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 9.44.21 AM.png

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Your WiFi devices are showing as wired because they are connected to your mesh system and not directly to the XR450. As the mesh system is wired to the XR450 any device connected to it will be seen as wired in Device Manager.

• Administrators

As above, it is very hard for the router to tell what is connected wirelessly if it's not directly connected wirelessly to the router. If you switch to the table view of the device manager then it may be easier for you to manage.