XR500 : Filters lead to no connection (MW)

1. XR500

2. firmware .56

3. Console ps4 

4. Game type Warzone - modern warfare

5. Settings - Radius 111 in the middle of the ocean.

6. Ping assist - 100.

7. Strict mode

8. Device is set to filtering

9. Block list is empty 

10. My location is India

11. Closest servers are UAE and Singapore 

12. Nat Type open

It refuses to find a game and for some reason it only tries to connect to European servers, it rejects this connection but I never find a game. It has been searching for 3 hours now.  

I have flushed the cloud and hard reset my router multiple times. I have also disabled strict mode and tried that as well. 

• Administrators

Do those servers actually appear on the map while you are searching - blocked or not? It sounds like your connection is above 100ms to those servers which is why it isn't being allowed. If you disable Ping Assist, change your home location/radius to cover just those servers can you force them that way?

So no servers show up on the map. I occasionally connect to random servers(chupa) that show up in china but in reality there are no servers in china (as per the netduma server map). 

So I don't really get whats going on. Occasionally my ping is less than 60ms to japan but then servers in the same location are 180ms. Its so random.

• Administrators

Try this please and let us know what shows up/appears when searching next time:

1. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter
  2. Hard turn off the console
  3. Flush the cloud in the Geo-Filter Map options
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  5. Do your Geo-Filter settings
  6. Turn on the console/game no less than 2 minutes after the above

Tried those 6 steps multiple times. Still run into the same issue. 

Now it connects to a peer in the ocean off the coast of Africa, then it connects to a random server in Japan via that peer and my ping ends up being 200.

I have even reset my router now. But the problem persists. Something is definitely broken with DumaOS. My friend on the same ISP gets pings of 60ms using a dlink router.

14 hours ago, Marc@Marc said:

So no servers show up on the map. I occasionally connect to random servers(chupa) that show up in china but in reality there are no servers in china (as per the netduma server map). 

So I don't really get whats going on. Occasionally my ping is less than 60ms to japan but then servers in the same location are 180ms. Its so random.

Singapore servers are mislocated.

The 60ms server you connect to is in fact probably the SG server, but it's showing in Japan. It's not your router's issue but a Netduma cloud issue.

• Administrators

I've identified an issue with the cloud with Alex so that should be resolved which will make the updates more effective from now on. Move your home location and force the mislocated server to be the host.

The problem is even if I isolate it to a certain geo location the servers don't give me good ping. 

The servers with good ping are random and after i find them, i don't find them again. Once i found one of the coast of africa, another time it was in central china, then once it was in Japan. 

I really hope you guys can fix this :( 

• Administrators

Understood, every time you find one that has a good ping add it to your allow list. It won't guarantee you will always get it but you've got a better chance of then getting them regardless of your settings. I've asked Alex to do some more updates to help with this.

Please do let me know when its fixed, it doesn't connect to the same servers again. I keep getting bad ping. 1 in 40 games ends up being good ping. 

Also possible for me to get into the 3.0 beta? 

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Marc@Marc1 said:

Please do let me know when its fixed, it doesn't connect to the same servers again. I keep getting bad ping. 1 in 40 games ends up being good ping. 

Also possible for me to get into the 3.0 beta? 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I'd suggest making a new topic where we can focus on the issues you're having. We'll be making announcements on the beta soon.

GEO-FILTER:
I have my filter set to 750 miles to ensure I connect only to a game server in Virginia (MLB The Show 20).  MLB has servers in Virginia, Ohio, Portland OR, Japan, and Germany.  With that said the game easily connects me to any of the above.  So, the Geo-Filter will initially connect to any of the above, and then post connection will boot me.  So it does connect to that server and then recognizes its out of my GEO.  How can i connect to ONLY the Virginia server?  

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Marc@Marc1 said:

Hey, for some reason my other account is giving me a password error. This is my new account. Same user as the original one who posted this thread. 

Sorry about that, didn't notice the username! If you have a different display name to the username then use the other name and it should allow you to login.

1 hour ago, dropbottom said:

GEO-FILTER:
I have my filter set to 750 miles to ensure I connect only to a game server in Virginia (MLB The Show 20).  MLB has servers in Virginia, Ohio, Portland OR, Japan, and Germany.  With that said the game easily connects me to any of the above.  So, the Geo-Filter will initially connect to any of the above, and then post connection will boot me.  So it does connect to that server and then recognizes its out of my GEO.  How can i connect to ONLY the Virginia server?  

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Would recommend creating a new topic in the future so we can just focus on your issues. It sounds like the way the matchmaking works that it isn't possible to block prior to almost being in the game, so you'd have to keep getting booted and researching. Alternatively it may be faster to use Spectating Mode and quit and research until you get the wanted server.

• Administrators
15 hours ago, dropbottom said:

Geo-Filtering does not work.  At best the software just allows me to see which server I've connected to. 

If you make a new topic we can explore the issues you're having.

3 hours ago, Marc@Marc1 said:

No I have a new problem as well. I am connecting to denied servers... 

Could you provide a screenshot of this happening please?

• 2 weeks later...

So after extensive usage here is my update after applying geo-filter (both on land with a radius set around the area with the good server and in the ocean with the ping set)

1. Takes forever to connect to a good server (it keeps trying to connect to server in random places) but it eventually does - sometimes upto 30 mins

2. When an on-land server radius is selected, blocked servers still connect 2 out of 5 times (i am on a ps4)

It seems to work but really kills the gaming experience 

Side note - Please let me know how i can signup for the 3.0 beta

Some games will try to connect to servers outside of the geo-filter range and there's nothing we can do about that. For most games, as long as your Geo-Filter settings are set before the game starts up, the game will not continue trying to ping servers that it could not reach at startup. Some games, however do not function in this way, and will continue trying to connect to blocked servers.