Jump to content

Xr 300 always problem since buy.


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone ... I write this post because I'm really frustrated by the operation of this router.
Since I bought it, I have had only problems on problems ... from the login problems to the qos that works when it wants, to the prioritization of the traffic that for example in apex legend there is no way to make it work, detects the prioritized traffic when I start the game but when I enter the match it deactivates and I tried to add the ports manually, set the PC as a console, all the "tips" that I found on the forum.
Now I know that this post will not help because others have already been made with complaints for months and months and we are always at the usual point.
What I wonder is if a router branded Netgear (not a random company) and a software like Duma OS that gives the hope of being able to play without lag and problems is abandoned for months and months without updates or simply hotfix for problems reported several times by many users.
I say this as the owner of an XR300 mid-range router which is still not cheap, and hearing about beta for months certainly does not lead me to recommend the purchase of these routers to anyone, in fact I am thinking that if they are not resolved these problems I will migrate to another company that will surely have other problems as it has always been with devices and PCs (I have been assembling PCs since I was a boy) but I will really say it is too much for me.
From such a product, sponsored several times to events etc. etc. I expect meticulous updates and not half-yearly if not annual updates.
I am sorry for the outburst, I understand the current situation covid-19 but I believe that this way of operating has always been there since I have owned the router for a year and a half now.
Having said that, I repeat, if there are no updates that will significantly solve the problems and make the router work properly I will have to change companies.
Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

We haven't abandoned any routers, the 3.0 update which we're doing heavy testing on should be much more stable and that will come to all routers. A beta will also allow us to iron out any final issues that people find. Also due to what will be included in 3.0 this should allow for much more frequent updates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...

One Year later...

I'm also trying to prioritize ports for Apex Legends and nothing works. I added all ports manually that if found here: https://portforward.com/apex-legends/

To prioritize all ports is not a solution because that prioritizes everything comming and going from my PC like Discord etc. Is there a real solution to get it to work for Apex Legends?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
3 hours ago, Waka4412 said:

One Year later...

I'm also trying to prioritize ports for Apex Legends and nothing works. I added all ports manually that if found here: https://portforward.com/apex-legends/

To prioritize all ports is not a solution because that prioritizes everything comming and going from my PC like Discord etc. Is there a real solution to get it to work for Apex Legends?

 

What about it doesn't work? When you play Apex, can you see that traffic has been caught by that rule in Traffic Prioritisation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

What about it doesn't work? When you play Apex, can you see that traffic has been caught by that rule in Traffic Prioritisation?

When I play Apex the traffic is not being caught by the Traffic Prioritisation. The light is off and the prioritised packages don't change.

I prioritised the following ports:

  • TCP: 1024-1124,3216,9960-9969,18000,18060,18120,27900,28910,29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124,18000,29900,37000-40000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
3 hours ago, Waka4412 said:

When I play Apex the traffic is not being caught by the Traffic Prioritisation. The light is off and the prioritised packages don't change.

I prioritised the following ports:

  • TCP: 1024-1124,3216,9960-9969,18000,18060,18120,27900,28910,29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124,18000,29900,37000-40000

Could you show me the rules in traffic prioritisation? Just a screenshot will be fine!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...