Firewall deactivation

As you can see in the tips even if you set nat open in the wan section, the firewall is always on even if with less restrictions.
But if I wanted to deactivate it completely what should I do on my xr700?
Thanks

Schermata 2020-05-01 alle 05.04.59.png

Guest Killhippie
5 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

As you can see in the tips even if you set nat open in the wan section, the firewall is always on even if with less restrictions.
But if I wanted to deactivate it completely what should I do on my xr700?
Thanks

Schermata 2020-05-01 alle 05.04.59.png

Not deactivating it would be my advice.

2 hours ago, Killhippie said:

Not deactivating it would be my advice.

Thanks for the advice, I don't like the idea of turning it off completely either but I'm having some problems and I wanted to give it a try.

31 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Thanks for the advice, I don't like the idea of turning it off completely either but I'm having some problems and I wanted to give it a try.

If you wanna do this to make MW play better, I don't think it'll make any difference.

It didn't for me.

22 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

If you wanna do this to make MW play better, I don't think it'll make any difference.

It didn't for me.

it's not for mw. the point is another, I can't find anywhere the option to turn it off altogether and I'm asking you where you do it from

21 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

it's not for mw. the point is another, I can't find anywhere the option to turn it off altogether and I'm asking you where you do it from

I don't use a Netduma router. Maybe there is no way of turning it off 100%.

28 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

I don't use a Netduma router. Maybe there is no way of turning it off 100%.

Thanks for the answer, I hope you're wrong.
Spending all this money on a router and not being able to manage it 100% would be really absurd. 
It would be another limit in addition to the ones already found and it doesn't seem normal given what it costs.

• Administrators

There are no specific firewall disabling options on the interface that will allow you to disable it. In theory you could DMZ the device which would open it up to the internet.

On 5/1/2020 at 9:13 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

There are no specific firewall disabling options on the interface that will allow you to disable it. In theory you could DMZ the device which would open it up to the internet.

Thanks for the advice, I tried but nothing. 
It returns me an error that says that a firewall blocks the connection to the application.
Is there really no way to disable the firewall? Seriously?

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is it you are trying to achieve? We may be able to give more specific advise that will help with your situation.

Thank you but I have already solved with a router that costs 90% less than this. 
I think and hope netduma has nothing to do with this, but that it is netgear side.
A router of this range can't afford not to have such basic functions.
I hope somebody will fix it sooner or later, but I don't believe it one bit, but if I could take it back to netgear it would be nice of you.

On 5/3/2020 at 9:01 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you still let us know your situation? Then we could look for a more elegant solution rather than disabling the firewall and leaving people without adequate security.

My situation is that I needed to run an application but because of the firewall I couldn't .
I understand what you mean, but a router in this bracket and a brand of this importance cannot afford certain shortcomings, they are basic options.
With the right alerts is an option that in my opinion you have to implement, then it is intelligence of the users to understand if and when to deactivate it. 
If people do wrong things it's not your fault and basic users shouldn't touch certain things if they don't know what they touch and don't know where they put their hands. 
But you can't put all these restrictions on a product like this and penalize the more advanced users.
I hope the translator helped me.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

My situation is that I needed to run an application but because of the firewall I couldn't .
I understand what you mean, but a router in this bracket and a brand of this importance cannot afford certain shortcomings, they are basic options.
With the right alerts is an option that in my opinion you have to implement, then it is intelligence of the users to understand if and when to deactivate it. 
If people do wrong things it's not your fault and basic users shouldn't touch certain things if they don't know what they touch and don't know where they put their hands. 
But you can't put all these restrictions on a product like this and penalize the more advanced users.
I hope the translator helped me.

I certainly understand your point of view and I will pass the suggestion on to implement being able to disable the firewall. There may be 'basic users' who are not comfortable disabling the firewall that may have the same issue as you if they use the same application, if we know what that is then we can see if there is something we can do for everyone while keeping their network secure.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I certainly understand your point of view and I will pass the suggestion on to implement being able to disable the firewall. There may be 'basic users' who are not comfortable disabling the firewall that may have the same issue as you if they use the same application, if we know what that is then we can see if there is something we can do for everyone while keeping their network secure.

It's something private done by a friend, nothing public. It should be based on citrix but I'm not sure.