Calling Call of Duty Gamers!

JaTT_MaNiaC

After enabling geofiltering, you know what I found extremely interesting as I'm on the west coast as well ?  The game will constantly want to match me with an east coast host (you will probably notice this once you use your router).  This may be due to skill based matchmaking, but I find it hard to believe that no host on the west coast has around the same skill level.  No wonder people complain so much about the lag in this game.  I'm really loving this router so far because of the info it provides.  

Thanks EF - MSFT is in my backyard.  I play with guys who have 100K and 150K gamer scores on XBox, so these are guys who all have thumbs engaged and are pretty good. That will be something I add to my testing and docs once I get up and running.

Worst Case:  If it's Eastern US, I think I can live with that, as my aim isn't bad and my internet is pretty good.   :P  If I can just get out of hosted lobbies from other countries, it will probably exponentially improve my gaming enjoyment.

JD

• 2 months later...
Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Andi are you on the latest version? If so make sure to set your ping assist to at least 50ms. Also if you see a padlock make sure to include the padlock in the filter when you get booted. Let me know if you need further help.

After enabling geofiltering, you know what I found extremely interesting as I'm on the west coast as well ? The game will constantly want to match me with an east coast host (you will probably notice this once you use your router). This may be due to skill based matchmaking, but I find it hard to believe that no host on the west coast has around the same skill level. No wonder people complain so much about the lag in this game. I'm really loving this router so far because of the info it provides.

That's pretty crazy because I'm on the east coast and I get the Seattle server 9/10 times.

X1 and 360. I think I'm just going stick with blops2 on 360 for awhile. The player counts on AW just aren't high enough now to get good lobbies right now

Same here. I am just going to stick with Vanderhaar's latest offering until Nov. In 4-6 months everyone will be coming back to get ready for the new game anyways.

I'm in Austin TX on the Xbox1/360.  My gamertag is Ca11MeCowboy.  I'm all in for gaming with the people on this forum. 

And for the record, I think this might be one of the coolest and most innovative products I've ever seen.  I'm in Tech on the sales side and I think the world would be a better place if more companies handled their business like this one does.  The constant updates and innovations are way above and beyond...what a cool company.  The support and dedication to the customer is mind bogglingly good.  That's right I said "Mindbogglingly."

Let's do this thing!

Guest Netduma Fraser

I'm in Austin TX on the Xbox1/360.  My gamertag is Ca11MeCowboy.  I'm all in for gaming with the people on this forum. 

And for the record, I think this might be one of the coolest and most innovative products I've ever seen.  I'm in Tech on the sales side and I think the world would be a better place if more companies handled their business like this one does.  The constant updates and innovations are way above and beyond...what a cool company.  The support and dedication to the customer is mind bogglingly good.  That's right I said "Mindbogglingly."

Let's do this thing!

Wow thank you so much that means a lot to us! All of our customers are great with the support they have shown us :)

Xbox1 cod player here from the US. Just got my order in last night. Hoping for a speedy delivery as a tried playing with 3 yellow bars. . My home connection is supposed to be 60mbps dl but only 4mbps upload

Connection is not the issue, it's where the game is pairing you up is the issue! 

Xbox one / West Coast

Fri_Feb_27_10-06-03_PST_2015.png

Dam.....Thats a low k/d!  Mines is at 5.0 since the Duma!!!!  LMAO! I WISH! If i had the Duma form the begining........I would be curious as to what my K/D would.  Wish I could reset my stats and not my prestige level to find out!  With all my rage quitting (pre duma) I didn't give a crap what my k/d or win/loss ratio was.  I cared more about getting a good game (which was hardly EVER).  I was just about to accept the fact that AW was just a POS game that would never be fixed. 

Dam.....Thats a low k/d!  Mines is at 5.0 since the Duma!!!!  LMAO! I WISH! If i had the Duma form the begining........I would be curious as to what my K/D would.  Wish I could reset my stats and not my prestige level to find out!  With all my rage quitting (pre duma) I didn't give a crap what my k/d or win/loss ratio was.  I cared more about getting a good game (which was hardly EVER).  I was just about to accept the fact that AW was just a POS game that would never be fixed. 

SBMM sure messed things up, but I prefer it that way. I honestly just dealt playing on a 3bar since the game came out. I dont even use the Duma most of the time since it takes ages to find a game when we play Ranked play.

SBMM sure messed things up, but I prefer it that way. I honestly just dealt playing on a 3bar since the game came out. I dont even use the Duma most of the time since it takes ages to find a game when we play Ranked play.

I always have a 3 bar connection.  Being that I'm from Hawaii 3 bar is the norm for me.  80+ ping is the norm for me.  I don't mind SBMM, just put me in a server that is close to me.  For you, being that you are on the West Coast, you folks have more options.  Us Hawaii peeps, we gotta run the DUMA, if not, we're gonna get paired with people all over the dam world. 

The R1's almost a requirement for Hawaii COD gaming if you want to keep your sanity.  70 to 80ms to the West coast all the time sure beats how it was prior to getting this router.

You know, I read this and was like, "He has a point, that is a long way from the mainland"..... And then I looked outside at the rain, overcast, gray sky with the wind coming off the Puget Sound cold enough to see my breath versus trying to find a lobby on CoD in sunny Hawaii and my sympathy meter done ran out.   :D

Looks like the reward for Grand Master. Hopefully I get top 100 for xbox one!

Not sure if 2500 ranked play points is enough.

Grandmaster.png

I think they announced 15 new levels of "Master Prestige" that include one of the super-duper weapons each time to earn another Master rank.  The first weapon was the Obsidian BAL - Go figure.  *shaking fist*

Archived