Random hotfix patch made my xr500 reboot by itself??

On 5/9/2020 at 10:13 PM, Netduma Admin said:

Could you get in touch with the retailer you purchased it from asap (or NETGEAR directly if that is not an option). 

I have emailed Netgear support directly as it's been just over a year since purchase date, doubt the seller will want to help now. Just waiting to hear back from Netgear now. 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, SwiftCookie said:

I have emailed Netgear support directly as it's been just over a year since purchase date, doubt the seller will want to help now. Just waiting to hear back from Netgear now. 

Do let us know what happens! Sorry you have to go through this.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 10:13 PM, Netduma Admin said:

Could you get in touch with the retailer you purchased it from asap (or NETGEAR directly if that is not an option). 

@Netduma Fraser Netgear have given me the cold shoulder and said they won't provide any form of support or warranty return. Just because I bought the router brand new from a store through ebay they deem it void of warranty. 

So now I'm stuck here with a $400 router that reboots itself every day with no way of getting any support in replacing it. 

To say I'm pissed off would be an understatement :(

You could downgrade firmware followed by a reset and then upgrade firmware followed by a reset and see if that helps. 
Some have downgraded firmware and you could do that and test but note the latest firmware includes security fixes.

58 minutes ago, Newfie said:

You could downgrade firmware followed by a reset and then upgrade firmware followed by a reset and see if that helps. 
Som have downgraded firmware and you could do that and test but note the latest firmware includes security fixes.

I've done all of that, the router reboots all the time still. 

8 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Keep us updated, hoping they can help get you back up and running

Managed to ring them and get an RMA started. Time to get the old r1 out of the cupboard hehe 😕

10 minutes ago, SwiftCookie said:

Managed to ring them and get an RMA started. Time to get the old r1 out of the cupboard hehe 😕

That’s good news. I guess the other helpline was unaware of the consumer laws and more based on the US side of things. Touch wood you should get a new router and soon be up and running again. 
I had to RMA my router and it all went well and my replacement arrived quickly here in the U.K.

thanks for the update.

2 minutes ago, Newfie said:

That’s good news. I guess the other helpline was unaware of the consumer laws and more based on the US side of things. Touch wood you should get a new router and soon be up and running again. 
I had to RMA my router and it all went well and my replacement arrived quickly here in the U.K.

thanks for the update.

Thanks for your help, really appreciate the support :) So annoyed this is happening just as 3.0 is being rolled out

• Administrators

Sorry to hear you had all that trouble but glad to hear it's on the way to being resolved. You may need to sign up for the beta again as the serial number for the XR will be different on the new one.

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry to hear you had all that trouble but glad to hear it's on the way to being resolved. You may need to sign up for the beta again as the serial number for the XR will be different on the new one.

Can't someone just fling me a download link for my new router when it comes? (If I've been picked by that time of course)

• Administrators
8 hours ago, SwiftCookie said:

Can't someone just fling me a download link for my new router when it comes? (If I've been picked by that time of course)

The link won't be specific to the serial number (as far as I'm aware) but more so they can keep track of what router it is on. If you get selected just use it with the new router.

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2020 at 2:49 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

The link won't be specific to the serial number (as far as I'm aware) but more so they can keep track of what router it is on. If you get selected just use it with the new router.

Hey @Netduma Fraser 

When you get a minute could you please have a read of the DM sent you :)

Thanks mate!