Just bought a new XR500

OG R1 couldn’t hack it anymore. 

Playing on Xbox One X. Everything works great, except for one thing.. and it’s becoming a real strain. Getting into CQC fights, it’s like I have this quick freeze or lag spike animation when I get close to killing them and they even drop shot or what not. I’m shooting the guy as usual, hit reg is normal then after I break shield (WarZone) it’s like my bullet reg just stops working and I’m dead bc of the quick freeze/stutter/lag spike going on. 

Doesn’t happen 100% of the time, but I say 7/10 CQC gun fights it’ll happen. How can I fix this? 

Thanks. 

• Administrators

This will be a hard one to solve as it sounds like the connection is generally good, it may be the server just can't handle it very well (it is very new). Are you using the Geo-Filter and QoS at all? If so what settings are you using? Do you notice if the ping on the Geo-Filter spikes or has lots of jitter when the issue happens?

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This will be a hard one to solve as it sounds like the connection is generally good, it may be the server just can't handle it very well (it is very new). Are you using the Geo-Filter and QoS at all? If so what settings are you using? Do you notice if the ping on the Geo-Filter spikes or has lots of jitter when the issue happens?

I am using both Geo and QoS. 

QoS is typical settings. 75/80.. put my Xbox in traffic prioritization, with it getting 50% of bandwidth vs other devices but on router.

Geo is around 600 miles from my location, strict on, no fast search. Filtering mode. 

• Administrators

I'd suggest you follow this guide while saturating your network with downloads/streams and trying different Anti-BB percentages until you find what lowers the ping/keeps it as stable as possible: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

Where are you located and what server are you getting? What is your average ping to the server? Do you see any spikes while playing?

22 hours ago, EightSixFour said:

I am using both Geo and QoS. 

QoS is typical settings. 75/80.. put my Xbox in traffic prioritization, with it getting 50% of bandwidth vs other devices but on router.

Geo is around 600 miles from my location, strict on, no fast search. Filtering mode. 

18 hours ago, ToOFeduP said:

Turn of QOS entirely and bufferbloat to never and see if you feel any difference in games

Thanks I’ll try both and see what I’ll get and post results. 

On 3/13/2020 at 5:04 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I'd suggest you follow this guide while saturating your network with downloads/streams and trying different Anti-BB percentages until you find what lowers the ping/keeps it as stable as possible: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

Where are you located and what server are you getting? What is your average ping to the server? Do you see any spikes while playing?

This is what I’m averaging every time I do a test. Right now I’m set as 15/100 on ABB, moving it around doesn’t do too much but it’s not as horrible in CQC fights. Idk I’ll tinker with it more. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. 

51998011-76CB-449E-A65F-8EA6ABCD0D9A.png

I agree also. Internet traffic is very high atm. And even gaming servers you can tell are struggling with the higher traffic.. Just a lot of oddities happening.  Id say most ISP are running at there limits in certain areas if not all areas.. Id imagine since most of us are now hunkered down at home everyone is doing something on the internet to pass the time.. I know in my area the town is like a ghost town. Everyone is at home until we start seeing progress with this virus.. In the meantime we just all have to bare it and hope this passes somewhat quickly..

Zippy.

I think now I figured out what’s going on. It doesn’t happen until I get shot. Then it goes bonkers. Everything is fine but once I get shot, it’s like my frames drop or a lag spike hits.  

15 minutes ago, EightSixFour said:

I think now I figured out what’s going on. It doesn’t happen until I get shot. Then it goes bonkers. Everything is fine but once I get shot, it’s like my frames drop or a lag spike hits.  

Oh my, my router would grind to a halt 😂

• Administrators
1 hour ago, EightSixFour said:

That makes sense as it will be the time where the most packets are being sent/when it relies on a quick response and so if there is increased latency generally on the network as a whole this is when you would feel it the most vs when you're just running around.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That makes sense as it will be the time where the most packets are being sent/when it relies on a quick response and so if there is increased latency generally on the network as a whole this is when you would feel it the most vs when you're just running around.

That’s the thing. I don’t have all that much latency on my network. Xbox, 2 smart TVs and my iPhone with 50% of it going to the Xbox on download, and 60% upload at all times. 

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, EightSixFour said:

That’s the thing. I don’t have all that much latency on my network. Xbox, 2 smart TVs and my iPhone with 50% of it going to the Xbox on download, and 60% upload at all times. 

Sorry I should have been clearer, I meant the network as in the ISP network/game network due to what is going on at the moment they are throttling services/experiencing heavy load. Everything on your end is likely fine, I've experienced it myself when I haven't before.

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry I should have been clearer, I meant the network as in the ISP network/game network due to what is going on at the moment they are throttling services/experiencing heavy load. Everything on your end is likely fine, I've experienced it myself when I haven't before.

Ok. Hopefully that’s it.