XR500 DHCP New Lease Multiple Times per Day

Hello. Ever since I bought the XR500 I have been plagued with constant disconnect every day. I know this issue does not happen to everyone, but I have tried multiple methods and searched the forums for solutions. However I have not gotten any luck. Here is the attached log:

[DumaOS] DHCP new lease allocated., Tuesday, February 18, 2020 18:05:52
[DumaOS] DHCP new event., Tuesday, February 18, 2020 18:05:52
[DHCP IP: 192.168.1.113] to MAC address 80:c5:f2:74:df:2d, Tuesday, February 18, 2020 18:05:52
[DumaOS] DHCP new lease allocated., Tuesday, February 18, 2020 18:02:30
[DumaOS] DHCP new event., Tuesday, February 18, 2020 18:02:30
[DHCP IP: 192.168.1.119] to MAC address a2:c7:d5:04:1a:cc, Tuesday, February 18, 2020 18:02:30
[Internet connected] IP address: 76.176.92.214, Tuesday, February 18, 2020 17:48:47
[Internet connected] IP address: 192.168.100.10, Tuesday, February 18, 2020 17:48:11
[Internet connected] IP address: 192.168.100.10, Tuesday, February 18, 2020 17:47:55
[DumaOS] DHCP lease change., Tuesday, February 18, 2020 17:06:42
[DumaOS] DHCP new event., Tuesday, February 18, 2020 17:06:42
[DHCP IP: 192.168.1.115] to MAC address e0:89:7e:12:bb:ee, Tuesday, February 18, 2020 17:06:42

The DHCP lease change would occur multiple times per day, and it would disconnect the internet whenever it happens. For instance this morning I woke up and there was no internet connection. I checked the log and DHCP lease change showed multiple times. I have tried disabling Smart Connect, we have no Xbox nor PS4, reserving IP addresses for all connected devices on the router, downgrading the firmware to v2.3.2.40-C424a, disabling QoS, no Geo-Filter. Changing my IP pool starting from 100 to 200 instead of 2 to 254 in LAN settings would prompt the router to not work properly. I could not connect to the internet at all. We have less than 15 devices in the household. 

At this point I am not sure what to try. I cannot return the router anymore because it has passed the return window at Bestbuy. I had problems with my cheap router, and now I have even more problems with this one. I am seriously considering purchasing a different one and never touch Netgear again.

Hey mordieflame, Are all your devices connecting by wifi? Or are some also connected by wired only? 

Thanks

Zippy.

8 minutes ago, Zippy said:

Hey mordieflame, Are all your devices connecting by wifi? Or are some also connected by wired only? 

Thanks

Zippy.

@ZippyEverything except the TV is connected by wifi. The TV is a Samsung TV connected to the router by Ethernet cable.

1 hour ago, mordieflame said:

@ZippyEverything except the TV is connected by wifi. The TV is a Samsung TV connected to the router by Ethernet cable.

Try doing this.. Put everything on wifi if you can. For some strange reason when doing this it has cured my issue. This may or may not work for you. Just trying to give you some options to try.. Before I did this I did do a hard factory reset to the router by holding the reset button in the back of the router with a small pin and held it for about 30 seconds. Then went through the setup but all on wifi. You can try this without doing a factory reset if you want. Im just not sure if the results would be the same.. If you try doing this without a hard factory reset you could possible do a power cycle to just the router after you have made the changes. See how that goes and post back here..

Good luck!

Zippy.

1 hour ago, Zippy said:

Try doing this.. Put everything on wifi if you can. For some strange reason when doing this it has cured my issue. This may or may not work for you. Just trying to give you some options to try.. Before I did this I did do a hard factory reset to the router by holding the reset button in the back of the router with a small pin and held it for about 30 seconds. Then went through the setup but all on wifi. You can try this without doing a factory reset if you want. Im just not sure if the results would be the same.. If you try doing this without a hard factory reset you could possible do a power cycle to just the router after you have made the changes. See how that goes and post back here..

Good luck!

Zippy.

I will definitely try it and update the post after 24hrs. I was suspecting the TV being connected to the ethernet might be causing the problem, but I was not sure. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion!

13 minutes ago, mordieflame said:

I will definitely try it and update the post after 24hrs. I was suspecting the TV being connected to the ethernet might be causing the problem, but I was not sure. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion!

Your welcome! Hope it works for you if you try it! 

Good luck!

Zippy.