Dude did ya'll see this yet? I'm really excited for this!

purpleandgold33

It really would not matter.

The 'servers' they are using now are also cloud based. And Google datacenters are generally located in more or less the same places as their location now.

When I ping Google in Amsterdam I get exactly the same ping as Vultr since both connect over AMS-IX

When I ping Google in Singapore I get exactly the same ping as AWS. My ISP has peering with AWS but I suspect to Google as well so really no difference there.

On the map you can see that most locations that have CoD servers now are the same as these Google datacenters. Ace is actually wrong about some bits, like in Middle East there is a CoD server in Bahrain. So they have a server at the moment where Google has nothing.

They will also never let you choose region or datacenter since this goes against their matchmaking algorithms.

Too soon to get excited :)

To add to this when we used to ask people to use 8.8.8.8 for PingPlotter advice and in the original ping test on the Netduma R1 we noticed Google to have packet loss hitting the destination hop.

So after more testing I found twitter.com to be a more reliable I.P to ping.

Hopefully they have sorted out the congestion on their servers now.

22 hours ago, Bert said:

It really would not matter.

The 'servers' they are using now are also cloud based. And Google datacenters are generally located in more or less the same places as their location now.

When I ping Google in Amsterdam I get exactly the same ping as Vultr since both connect over AMS-IX

When I ping Google in Singapore I get exactly the same ping as AWS. My ISP has peering with AWS but I suspect to Google as well so really no difference there.

On the map you can see that most locations that have CoD servers now are the same as these Google datacenters. Ace is actually wrong about some bits, like in Middle East there is a CoD server in Bahrain. So they have a server at the moment where Google has nothing.

They will also never let you choose region or datacenter since this goes against their matchmaking algorithms.

Too soon to get excited :)

Whats up yes the servers cod is using currently is choopa and I don't remember the other 2 that I always see. But I on the other hand and am more optimistic that google will be better. I get it that they are probably more congested and yes I know this is a cloud based system. Not all of the servers will be the same here in US. Iowa instead of Chicago (which is closer to me than Chicago). He said that its a leased based thing. I guess I'm kinda hoping that google will have everything ready to go when they assume the the start of their contract. Also, I like that this multi-billion dollar company in Activision is actually investing in making the game better (or attempting to). I have been bitching about this for years since they switched over to dedi's. If I was the boss over there I would be doing the same thing in making the connections to the game the one paramount. Cause if you have a bad connection you more than likely going to have bad experience. which interns making you not playing the game. Also on the whole data center thing maybe they will change into letting you pick your region. I get their matchmaking crap (well I don;t really) but they have been changing a lot of shit in this game over the years why wouldn't they do it. I'm sure when you are talking about the algorithm thing your reffering to sbmm. In my opinion I want to play sweaty folks to make me play better and make me a better player. It like if you hang out with stupid folks your going to be stupid. Cheers!