Hey all,

I have severe connection issues with modern warfare (and ps4) and I hope you can help me.

First Problem: PS4 Party Chat
It is really difficult creating a party where I can talk to my friends. The geofilter blocks them for some reason. Even when I whitelist them, it takes at least 8 times rejoining until i can talk to them (they also live inside the radius). Is there a fix to this?

Second Problem: Extreme Lag (Despite using Ping Assist)
At first only 1 out of 10 games were extremely laggy, but now almost every game is very very laggy, it looks like this:

I have set a Geofilter radius around me. And even set a Ping assist, but lobbies like this happen way too often. Sometimes, the game starts regularly, and after 1 min it goes downhill.

Especially when I connect to the server in Italy I always get a laggy game. I think this might be a mislocated server (wish I could give you the ID of it, but when I click on it the tab down right loads for ever)
Also: Why do server sometimes show up as a server icon and sometimes as a Peer Icon?

535685608_FireShotCapture014-Geo-Filter-DumaOS-routerlogin_net.thumb.png.c83bdee23551f44a218474d48ac3075e.png

Third Problem: Mislocated Servers / Another Geofilter Problem?
Sometimes I get connected to a server outside my radius as seen here:
FireShot-Capture-013---Geo-Filter---DumaOS---routerlogin_net.thumb.jpg.e5a4b6b8a7ce3b5c3d0b4f4a9ce75d9c.jpg

Once I got connected to a Server in Paris, and once in the South of England. (The one in Paris i got connected with a ping assist  of 40. the one in england my ping assist was at 0). Mislocated servers as well? I never whitelisted them.

Fourth Problem: Mini Lags / Package loss

In games where I dont lag all over the place (rare at the moment...) I have always package loss or mini lags as seen here:

Package loss indicator on the left.

Right now I cant really tell if the lobby I am in i am getting the best connection possible. Either Mini lags or complete disconnect. I play on a wired connection.

Alright this was a little much input sorry. But I just want it to work again like in the beginning where I got my XR500 (October 30). Everything worked perfectly then. I got a perfect lobby every time, never had lag or connection loss, my shots connected and no PS4 Party connection issues. I just don't know what happened that it doesnt work like that anymore.

As always, thanks in advance for your help!

• Administrators

Hey, I'll try to answer your issues one by one as best I can.

1. You're doing the right thing by adding them. It may be that once added you need to fully disconnect from them for 2 minutes, then after that they should be allowed.
  2. What are your Internet speeds and what settings are you using with QoS? Are you able to ping the server if you use Auto Ping? The reason they may show up as a server or peer at the moment is because we need to do a cloud update to correct the classifications of the servers. Most peers you see when you're in a game will actually be a server.
  3. Ping Assist does allow games outside your radius that are under your ping limit. In the pictures provided it looks like they were caught by ping assist - not whitelisted. Was Ping Assist active in those scenarios?
  4. This could be related to your QoS settings/bandwidth speeds so when I have that information I can better advise.

Thank you for the answer.

1. But I have them already set to allowed before the console is on. Or do I have to allow them every time we go online (their ID don’t change)

2. I have 100 Mbit download and 40 upload. Wired connection and my ps4 has 70% in QoS. Yes I can ping it while autoping is on.

3. one time it was (ping assist set to 20) and one time it wasn’t (set to 0)

4. 70% ps4 up and download 

• Administrators

As an experiment could you try denying/allowing a server - one that shows up as a dedicated server and see if that works properly?

I'd recommend you saturate your connection while following this guide and trying different Anti-Bufferbloat percentages and see what lowers the ping/stabilises it the most then try playing with those settings http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

When changing Ping Assist do it when the console is completely off and then boot it up and see if it adheres to what you've set it to.