No matter what server ping is always <30ms?

Corbula

Am I the only one where no matter if I have the geo filter on or not, or if I'm on a server in the UK (where I'm from), the middle east or America. It always shows the ping as less than 30ms? 

Surely that can't be right? 

I've just stopped using the geo filter now as it doesn't seem to make any difference in modern warfare. 

54 minutes ago, Corbula said:

Am I the only one where no matter if I have the geo filter on or not, or if I'm on a server in the UK (where I'm from), the middle east or America. It always shows the ping as less than 30ms? 

Surely that can't be right? 

I've just stopped using the geo filter now as it doesn't seem to make any difference in modern warfare. 

The servers you see in the Middle East and USA are just incorrectly located in Netduma’s cloud, the servers are actually in the UK.

if you post the details of any incorrectly located servers you find in this thread then they can be updated in the cloud.

57 minutes ago, pollutionblues said:

The servers you see in the Middle East and USA are just incorrectly located in Netduma’s cloud, the servers are actually in the UK.

if you post the details of any incorrectly located servers you find in this thread then they can be updated in the cloud.

Oh OK, that makes sense. I will see what I can find. 

The game is a real mess at the moment with regards to lag and lag compensation. No matter what ping I've got it seems to perform poorly. Its very difficult to get a decent game and have yet to find out a consistent way of doing so. I've just been leaving the geo filter off which is how I noticed. 

• Administrators

Pb has already answered your question so would be great if you could provide those IDs to the form. Regarding the game some people are having a better experience by entering the game ports into Traffic Prioritization manually so that might be something worth trying. Would also suggest forcing servers slightly further away as well.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Pb has already answered your question so would be great if you could provide those IDs to the form. Regarding the game some people are having a better experience by entering the game ports into Traffic Prioritization manually so that might be something worth trying. Would also suggest forcing servers slightly further away as well.

Thanks I will try to. 

I've read about putting the ports into Traffic Prioritization but I'm using the original firmware as I've got an R1 so don't think it's possible? 

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Corbula said:

Thanks I will try to. 

I've read about putting the ports into Traffic Prioritization but I'm using the original firmware as I've got an R1 so don't think it's possible? 

If I remember rightly you should still be able to.

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If I remember rightly you should still be able to.

I've forwarded ports, is that it or is there more to it? I read about a source port range to a destination port range but I've only got a start port and end port. It doesn't look like I can enter it the same way. 

28 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No that's port forwarding. On the Congestion Control page for Hyper Traffic you should be able to select ports you would like to prioritize.

Ah OK, thanks! I will give that a go and see if it makes a difference. I just use the same ports that I've forwarded don't it? 

My location is north Europe and by placing geofilter on France (radius 500 km) i get <42 ping search in-game. Placing on Spain i get <58 ping in-game.

Now placing geofilter on US and a search radius 1000 km i get <15 ping search and in-game ping around 23 ms.

How the hell is that possible? Either DumaOS is faulty or the game not allowing higher ping that <58...?!?

4 hours ago, Crysister said:

My location is north Europe and by placing geofilter on France (radius 500 km) i get <42 ping search in-game. Placing on Spain i get <58 ping in-game.

Now placing geofilter on US and a search radius 1000 km i get <15 ping search and in-game ping around 23 ms.

How the hell is that possible? Either DumaOS is faulty or the game not allowing higher ping that <58...?!?

They've said further up its due to servers being mis located. Use the form on the forum to report it. 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Crysister said:

Corbula has explained what has happened. If you come across these again please do put the IDs into this form here so we can correct them: