Changes in settings only work for 1 or 2 games?

Grafti

Happens to me that sometimes (not always), when I try a different setting on the Dumaos and works, I beleive that I have FINALLY found a solution for lag... but this false happiness only works for a couple of games. Then the game turns even worse than it was before new settings. This has happenned to me in every single CoD.

Do you people feel the same?

I read in this forums that the major part of users are having serious lag issues with this game, and I wonder why. We, Netduma and Dumaos users, are supposed to have all the tools to hage the best gaming experience, but this is not happenning.

• Administrators

There will not be a perfect combination of settings that will give you amazing games every single time because there are many variables outside the routers control. The idea behind the router is to give you the best connection possible on your end so the majority of games are good. What's the average ping you're getting to the game as shown by the Geo-Filter? What some people are experimenting with at the moment is prioritizing specific ports within Traffic Prioritization so that may be something worth trying. Also what settings are you using at the moment?

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What's the average ping you're getting to the game as shown by the Geo-Filter? What some people are experimenting with at the moment is prioritizing specific ports within Traffic Prioritization so that may be something worth trying. Also what settings are you using at the moment?

My average ping from ISP is about 12ms. The game usually puts me in lobbies between 17 and 25ms, but results are very random between "it feels fair, not great, but quite fair" and "I am the last monkey a second behind every other player", but the major part of games feels bad. Friday I lost a peculiar gun fight, me with a short range weapon, and the other guy with a sniper, just to put an example of how bad is. On the other side I also notice that lobbies with players from my own country (Spain) are usually worse than lobbies with mixed nationallity player (I know it by the flags of player tags).

Settings: ping assist in strict mode, I began setting it in 30ms, and now I have it on 18. Last day I set the geofilter in the ocean, range 600kms. I play with quos download setting it between 2 and 70% and antibufferbloat always. Download at 2% just to prevent being host. My internet speed recived is about 220 mb download and 230mb upload, but quos shows 1000 mb both. Idon't know how to change this. I play on xbox one and I used to do port forward an upnp at the same time, but turned upnp off.

I've read of port prioritation, but don't know exacly how to do it on netduma R1 with dumaos. But this weekend I've been out home, so I haven't had the time to investigate propperly

• Administrators

That's probably why then because your QoS won't be working correctly. Click on the 3 line icon on the top left of the Anti-Bufferbloat panel and put in the speeds you pay for. Then Anti-BB will be more effective. Stick with DumaOS Classified Games for now and see if changing the bandwidth helps and we can get into specific ports if needed.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's probably why then because your QoS won't be working correctly. Click on the 3 line icon on the top left of the Anti-Bufferbloat panel and put in the speeds you pay for. Then Anti-BB will be more effective. Stick with DumaOS Classified Games for now and see if changing the bandwidth helps and we can get into specific ports if needed.

Quick question on what you just said. So I have opened ports in the traffic prioritization, do I need to uncheck the box for dumaOS classified games for it to work? Or do I leave it on?

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, purpleandgold33 said:

Quick question on what you just said. So I have opened ports in the traffic prioritization, do I need to uncheck the box for dumaOS classified games for it to work? Or do I leave it on?

It would still work but would be better to disable that as you'd essentially be prioritizing twice which could lead to it not working as effectively.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It would still work but would be better to disable that as you'd essentially be prioritizing twice which could lead to it not working as effectively.

I have both, open ports and DumaOS Classified games. So do you sugest disabling port forwarding?

THE F@@@!!! Tried this, with port priotitation a minute ago and hit detection was awesome!!!! Never in life killed an enemy with such few bullets!! Not a great game, but only because enemy team was much better than me and my team, but very, very good feelings.

I hope this result to repeat more times!!

Thank you very much Fraser

Oooohhhh... so a shame... I've been playing for a while an that awasome hit detection has gone 😭.
Seems that router tweaks works like a virus on human blood. Let's imagine that the game is human blood. The first time a new virus (the new router setting) gets in contact with blood antibodys, the virus win the battle, but antibodys will learn how to fight this virus, so the next time that the antivirus fights the virus, it will always win.
Just as the tittle of the topic 😢