Qos problem and bufferbloat + solution

tyfeonas

Hello again.

i just noticed the latest days that my qos was not working.

i was getting d on bufferbloat and see the same results on pingploter.

without changing anything in my network. 

any change that i made on the router was zero effect.

i had the same problem some  months ago.

i just reset my router and all is ok again.

i have done this also the last time.

i dont know why this is happening. any idea from the support?

i will probably change the router with some other because i cannot reset it  every time and configure it again.

i only use my router for qos. no geofiltering or nothing else.

now i get again a+ on bufferbloat.

i just mention that for anyone haves the same problem.

4 hours ago, tyfeonas said:

no it is normal. i dont restart it.

i reset it

you mean to say you click the reboot option? I think thats what Alex was referring to, that or unplugging it and plugging back in, but I tend to resort to that only if nothing else works.

11 hours ago, bbursley said:

you mean to say you click the reboot option? I think thats what Alex was referring to, that or unplugging it and plugging back in, but I tend to resort to that only if nothing else works.

Yeah that's right, I meant rebooting, restarting, unplugging...

What I DIDN'T mean however was a factory reset.

i meant that when i was having the issue of not working the qos , and i saw D rating at dslreports , with the pingploter when i was opening another device on the network (example netflix from another device) the pings spiked . wich i think mean that i was getting bufferbloat . when i reset the router without changing anything else in my setup  i am getting a+ on bufferbloat and on ping ploter the pings dont spike when i open netflix on another device .

i have verified the behavior both on pingploter and dlsreports.

my  setup in qos is on the photo.

i have wifi disabled and dont geofilter at all. i only work the qos feature.

Untitled.jpg

• Administrators

That indicates that the QoS settings you're using aren't optimal for your connection. I would recommend following this guide while saturating your connection e.g. downloading, streaming etc and trying different Anti-Bufferbloat percentages to see what lowers your ping and keeps it stable: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That indicates that the QoS settings you're using aren't optimal for your connection. I would recommend following this guide while saturating your connection e.g. downloading, streaming etc and trying different Anti-Bufferbloat percentages to see what lowers your ping and keeps it stable: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

and why after the reset with the same settings is working?

• Administrators

It could be a whole host of regions such as Netflix not streaming in as high a resolution, more bandwidth for the devices needs, no peak congestion etc. I would still recommend doing my suggestion though so it's optimal for your connection.

On 10/30/2019 at 5:06 PM, tyfeonas said:

and why after the reset with the same settings is working?

thats alottt of devices, honestly if you just use the 70/70 it should be just fine. you could take a day when literally nothing else is in use and just test things from 70/70 and move it up till it falters. Its most likely just not kicking in for you as it should. I was actually having a lag issue with my internet and had to reboot the cable modem AND router. I was perfectly fine after that though. I have 100/10 and just leave the 70/70 on. But honestly, if ur testing it after resetting or rebooting it might be that nothing had been using your internet and gave you a different result. As frasier said, youre probably just not using the optimal setting, you'd be surprised what even 1-5% difference will do.