Not sure if this is cheating???

TentedPhoenix

Hi all

I seen a youtube video by an exclusive ace where he spoke about DLC's affecting the game play, whether you had them or not. Basically he uninstalled the DLC's except supremacy and connected to lower ranked players.

So being curious I gave this a try and yes you do connect to lower level players to the point where there are several players in the lobby who aren't prestiges. This along with my trusty best friend Duma we went on several happy hunting games together and the world was a happier place :)

Thought I would share this to see if anyone else had tried and succeeded, although I did find there were some games (a lot less than normal) where the connection was spongey

Good hunting

This has been one of those little secrets that big YouTube pub stompers never wanted to let out to the "general" public.  

By deleting the expansion and DLC packs, you are effectively changing the class of the player you play against.  A hardcore, tryhard player is going to want all the maps, buy the camos, the supply drops for better guns and be outfitted with Astros, Scufs and gaming monitors.

When you play just the core game, you are playing against the completely casuals who wanted a babysit for the kids, or don't play but a few hours a month to kill some time.  Less hardcore players, less try hard players = a better chance for you to beast from lobby to lobby.

I have a lot of DLC maps and content.  I keep them all on a removable memory stick and only install them when I feel like playing with the sweaties.  :D

Secrets? I thought it was common sense. I have been doing it for years.

Basically, games like BO2 doesn't allow you to turn DLC on and off. And usually, the game will take DLC maps priority over the core maps.
So sensibly, I will be limiting my player base to only people who have the DLC most of the time and that number is not that great even before and up to now in my region.

And like what Dillinger has mentioned, people who buy the DLC maps are probably the more hardcore COD players who wants to get everything.
Casuals are not that interested in paying more money for the DLC maps and are usually happy with what they already have.

And as I've noticed throughout the years, not many people buy the DLC in my region. So I tend to delete the DLCs just to be able to tap into the bigger player base of casual core players.

And my goodness! Time and time again, I always see this pattern whereby when a DLC releases, the players in the new map might not necessarily be hardcore players but a bunch of irritating morons who camp at a corner over and over again and nobody tends to be moving. Such idiocy since you should be discovering the map layouts and all but instead, you choose to sit and camp like a dumbass.

Brings a lot of rage since this has been happening over and over and over again throughout the COD life cycle. I've had enough.

I heard that Justinslayer deleted the DLC and it played worse for him.

Advance Warfare is crap no matter if you delete or install the DLC. The game is a complete mess. Shoddy hit detection and bad net coding coupled with the fast movements just ruins the game.

I deleted the DLC since I play hardcore search and the maps weren't even in rotation for months... I got into games faster, more local to me, and full of n00bs so this is definitely effective to do.

Although a properly optimized match making system (made by demonware) would avoid this "cheat" just to play the game the way it was meant to be played.

isnt the point of a matchmaking system to find players of roughly your own skill?

imo it gets boring quite soon when playing against beginners and the likes of that

For the record xclusive Ace is a quality youtuber, so underrated and actually informative for a change! Deserves so much more subs,His videos on predicting spawns are a good start if you want to take your gaming up a notch.

Part of it is just increasing player count to be able to get a lobby within my Geo Filter.  No matter the player count, you are going to always run into good players, great players and crap players.  Some nights it's just not worth the frustration of making good plays and still getting sat down.

For example:  Thursday morning must have some sort of Douchebag D-Symbol that goes up, because by about 5:30PM on any given Thursday, there are so many 3 and 4 player parties full of 1.5+ and 2.0+ K/D slayers it's like a round robin of getting clobbered, bleed dry and tea-bagged.  :huh:  :(

Those nights its just easier to shrink my Geo Filter, remove all the DLC, and just find some players a little more to my way of playing (which is = I win some, you win some, but we all play a straight game).

I think I would have to agree with Od1n I don't think it will improve the player and I have only tried it a couple of nights. It was getting that little bit boring as I think part of the draw back to the game is that you can't have great games all the time but you want to keep trying.

But it was nice to actually go stomping especially in domination its like your getting your own back on them and every now and then it will be nice to drop in and beast a few noobs

Would also agree with Matt that some of the stuff xclusive ace shows is good along with the aiming drills and the maps exposed all helps.

Honestly my argument with sbmm has nothing to do with skill. The problem with sbmm is the connection! Id rather play smooth games with equal chance of winning guns fights over dying to someone whose halfway around a corner when i know someone is coming.

Playing against equal skilled ppl isnt a problem. So not sure why ppl bring up the "playing against skilled ppl is better" when me and others die before we can even see them.

Although I agree with you Ithoma89 that the connection is the important part of the game you do notice if you are playing against lower ranked and skilled players. As mentioned above I played the non DLC game style and you can tell. You get more of a chance to get the shoots and less of a chance of being strafe shot even with a dodgy connection. And although it is fun doing it this way it can get a bit boring as you aren't up against better players who challenge you better in a gun fight.

I understand completely. It can also be a bit boring and not fun playing against invisible ppl as well. It goes both ways. Either the connection is great and you win gunfights your supposed to because your aim is accurate or you lose gunfights to ppl you dont see on your screen. Just wish they found a way to balance that.

Not to mention, how can you tell if they are better than you when you have no chance to shoot back at them. I do lose gunfights whether im flanked, do something stupid or plain out outgunned due to bad accuracy. But its hard to tell who skilled and not when there's so much bs implemented into the game ( Atleast with bo2 and ghost) added with poor hit detection and connection.

Couldn't agree more it's hard to know if your on the good side of a lag comped game or just having a good game? People don't like losing and love cod when their winning but we can't win all games, it's hard to know when your out gunned or fucked over again and again by that bastard 2 bar haha

Archived