The truth

ugotstretched

At one point the Duma could help you.  Now its just a useless piece of the puzzle.  I get into 15 ping games and cant kill anyone.  Cod dont want connection advantages simple as that.  The more bums the more money.  If im wrong i challenge the best netduma dev to any match they choose, live broadcast (of course) and see where they fair.  Geo filter does nothing anymore. 

So ping and network latency is just one piece of the puzzle.

there is input lag, network compensations, your response time, and controller lag.  If you are on a pc you can experience issues with peripherals.  So I don’t think the Netduma is meant to be a silver bullet.

the next thing I’d check is my input lag, living room TVs have this issue the most commonly.  Make sure you have the tv configured for gaming, this is unique per tv so google the model number and input lag and how to game on it.  Then follow the steps normally you have to do something like use input 1 change the input name or just use the right kind of connector.  You can have up to 200ms input lag.  Which is the same as having bad internet lag.  By the time you see them you are being shot.

you want sub 10ms input lag.

Input lag is actually worse than internet lag.

Picture this. You are walking around a corner. You spot an enemy, this is 200ms delayed. Then you start aiming, this is also 200ms delayed. And then you start shooting. So 400ms was wasted by input lag. Additionally the target can move before you see it and you will miss, people blame this on bad hitdetection but it can be caused by input lag.

Yes fortunately i know about input lag display lag and all the other possible causes of hit detection issues.  I play on a BenQ gaming monitor that is amazing with some of the best specs for gaming.  Lag compensation is the issue and has been for a good while.  Point is the duma is not working anymore for COD titles.

We're doing a cloud update today which will improve compatibility with Modern Warfare.

If the Geo-Filter is less effective than it used to be it would only be because of CoD's increased reliance on skill based matchmaking and lag compensation. As @abc123 says, the Geo-Filter isn't a silver bullet, and in fact no such thing exists unless you want to move your house closer to the servers.

My advice would be to try and get the best QoS settings that you can, because it could be that your input problems are more of a local issue than a remote issue. If you download PingPlotter and send us a screenshot of your results, we might be able to track down where the problem is occuring.

Your suggestion to "put out something that actually helps us" is being acted upon. We're expanding the toolset of the router to make it a more robust and well rounded network management tool.