Destiny 2 (PC/Steam) Geo-filter challenges

Hey guys, I'm having this issue with Destiny 2 on Xbox one s console. I can't seem to have the geo-filter establish connection to a specific host in matchmaking. It continues to allow gamers from outside my radius. Have we figured out what is going on?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, YoungFlea1 said:

Hey guys, I'm having this issue with Destiny 2 on Xbox one s console. I can't seem to have the geo-filter establish connection to a specific host in matchmaking. It continues to allow gamers from outside my radius. Have we figured out what is going on?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Due to their new matchmaking system that isn't possible currently. We're looking into it but it's unlikely you'll be able to match solo / against friends any longer and instead be able to filter servers like other games.

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, YoungFlea1 said:

Thank you. Unfortunate though.  However, other people are still able to match against a specific host. They must be using a different way to do it. Do we know how they're able to achieve that? Any ideas?

If we find out anything we'll let people know

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2021 at 10:41 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

If we find out anything we'll let people know

Hi, I saw (after servers change) someone in my friends list playing Trials of Osiris always against the same fireteam and get free wins.

I obviously asked.....But they don’t want to tell how to do that.

So I’m a witness that it’s still possible.

I add this variable:

I know for sure that that guy in my friends list has 2 playstations in the same place.

Maybe 2 playstations , geofiltertered with the same ip,  is the key ?

• Administrators
On 5/17/2021 at 7:39 AM, faldan said:

Hi, I saw (after servers change) someone in my friends list playing Trials of Osiris always against the same fireteam and get free wins.

I obviously asked.....But they don’t want to tell how to do that.

So I’m a witness that it’s still possible.

I add this variable:

I know for sure that that guy in my friends list has 2 playstations in the same place.

Maybe 2 playstations , geofiltertered with the same ip,  is the key ?

Perhaps they did it locally, I know there are methods/theories around it but I don't think any of them use DumaOS as you're only able to filter servers now using the Geo-Filter

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Perhaps they did it locally, I know there are methods/theories around it but I don't think any of them use DumaOS as you're only able to filter servers now using the Geo-Filter

I know for sure he did it. He own a router with duma OS and 2 playstation. 
I finally succeded in playing solo strikes and solo Tower. And that’s enough for me.

I’m not eager to obtain free wins, But If there’s a way to play crucible matching friends I’d like to find it. 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, faldan said:

I know for sure he did it. He own a router with duma OS and 2 playstation. 
I finally succeded in playing solo strikes and solo Tower. And that’s enough for me.

I’m not eager to obtain free wins, But If there’s a way to play crucible matching friends I’d like to find it. 

It's not something we're actively pursuing as it has no connection benefit, as long as you can filter servers then it is working as intended, there may be a way but I don't know it.