is that bad or good

labrazaduma

Without the full detail it's hard to comment. But from memory of your ping is just ok, then it will be something like 35ms at a minimum to google.

Pinging Google is a good indicator I likely base ping given the number of servers they have worldwide (note not always applicable depending on where you are in the world).

Your base ping is important as that is an indicator of your likely best case ping in game. Hopefully that makes sense?

As an aside; just because the netduma rates the ping as ok doesn't mean it's an issue. The other stats for your connection are great.

I'd personally take a slightly higher, stable low jitter ping than a low ping with packet loss etc.

As an aside; just because the netduma rates the ping as ok doesn't mean it's an issue. The other stats for your connection are great.

I'd personally take a slightly higher, stable low jitter ping than a low ping with packet loss etc.

Packet loss and jitter is fantastic! /end sarcasm

I was dealing with comcast for over a month telling me my ping spikes up to 5,000ms and 10% packet loss was perfectly normal and fine. Now my ping is low, and a flat line in ping plotter... So I agree, jitter and spikes are worse than a high but consistent ping.

In reply to your tag "how do I get my ping exceptional" the answer would be switch to really good fiber optic lol

This is literary my internet connection. Everything more the 15ms i think will be rated good. So i have 17 ms base ping and is rated good.

Like the boys sad i would give it up to 30 ms if a was promised a flat line ping. So i think the connection you have is grate for gaming.

• Administrators

Okay so by the looks of that, your average base ping is around 35ms, not certain as pic cuts off before the average mark. Your jitter and spikes could be better, that may be something you wish to take to your ISP providing the details of our test to see if they can improve this in any way.

Archived