FIFA 20

apollob94

When I play Fifa 20 from the UK I connect to the Frankfurt server like you, I believe the others are authentication servers. If you go to the bottom of the geo filter where it says auto ping when you play a game of rivals or champs the ping line should be around 20ms if you’re connecting to the European dedicated servers. If it’s not try turning ping assist down to 0 and leaving strict mode on, on the geo filter. Hope this helps!

On 10/13/2019 at 5:11 PM, ArcaPulse said:

When I play Fifa 20 from the UK I connect to the Frankfurt server like you, I believe the others are authentication servers. If you go to the bottom of the geo filter where it says auto ping when you play a game of rivals or champs the ping line should be around 20ms if you’re connecting to the European dedicated servers. If it’s not try turning ping assist down to 0 and leaving strict mode on, on the geo filter. Hope this helps!

How to force authentication with EU servers instead of NA?

In theory it shouldn't matter which authentication server you're connected to, you should still get matched only with games within your radius.

If the wrong servers are whitelisted from our end, that could cause a problem. We're in the midst of testing FIFA 20 so we might have to issue an update if problems are found.

• Administrators

It should only be used when you boot up the game but if they're regularly communicating with that server during the game then that could explain why it's better for you. Do you notice if the server gets big and then gets smaller a few times throughout the game?