Crazy question.

Torderro

I've yet to purchase an Xr500 or whatever kinda router you guys all use and love..

If I bought one, and started using the geofilter, being in southern california, and using only the servers within 100 miles, or 1 state over whatever is CLOSEST..

wouldn't I be matched up with players who are also using geofiltering and chances are they are using these expensive routers as well, and as a result of all this..

wouldn't I, in turn get melted and destroyed as I currently do, without all these fancy router settings and devices?

As of right now on every single call of duty since Black Ops 3 I've been experiencing shoot first die first. I land 3-4 bullets on them, and they magically have the time to locate me, aim over me, and spray me and still land the kill, whilst getting shot at.

EXCEPT however, modern warfare remastered (cod4) which is extremely weird for me, but that's besides the point..

wouldn't being in a lobby full of Xr500 users with all these fancy settings, kinda just balance my situation out, and still get the same problems as I do without this fancy router?

because all these people are obviously (used to be) victims of lag comp and connection issues, hence why they bought the xr500?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I think the amount of people who play the game is quite a lot more than those that play and have the router so I wouldn't think this is likely. If that was the case then you'd all have a great ping to the server and therefore it would be much fairer than say playing against someone with a much higher ping. Realistically though you're unlikely to encounter many people with the router while playing. Also because they have multiple servers in the same location which makes it even less likely.

• 3 weeks later...

Torderro did you buy one? I am here for the same reason pretty much (tired of shoot-first-die-first). I am in Sacramento and have super-fast speed through Xfinity but am using thier newest gateway so am wondering if Netduma is the move for me. It seems long gone are the days where you could just plug in and have fun playing COD lol

i was the same as you guys before i got my netduma the only way i can play this cod is by giving it not a lot of speed now im killing again the routers give you so many options to do to make things a better experience for yourself as icant do nothing in my providers sky router apart from port forwarding and dmz etc i can only talk from what ive found and its unplayable for me plugged straight into providers router

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Force44 said:

Torderro did you buy one? I am here for the same reason pretty much (tired of shoot-first-die-first). I am in Sacramento and have super-fast speed through Xfinity but am using thier newest gateway so am wondering if Netduma is the move for me. It seems long gone are the days where you could just plug in and have fun playing COD lol

If you have an specific questions regarding this we're happy to help, just let us know!

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you have an specific questions regarding this we're happy to help, just let us know!

Thanks Fraser. I guess I’ll just buy an R1 and hook it it up to my Xfinity gateway. I was thinking that I could run only my PS4 and MacBook on the R1 and keep all other devices on the gateway, or is this a bad idea?

7 hours ago, Force44 said:

Thanks Fraser. I guess I’ll just buy an R1 and hook it it up to my Xfinity gateway. I was thinking that I could run only my PS4 and MacBook on the R1 and keep all other devices on the gateway, or is this a bad idea?

The only problem with this is that if you intend to use QoS to avoid congestion on your network, the devices connected to the gateway will change the bandwidth available to the R1, which will render QoS useless.