Strange Geo Question?

So,

I’ve got a random question for ya........

Is it possible for your Geo to be showing in one location but actually in reality, be in another?

I ask this because my geo is set on my actual home location (Dallas Texas) And shows 5ms ping in-game to the server.......here’s the strange part......for the last few days, the lobbies have been all foreign.....all yelling and screaming in foreign language from everyone in lobby! Lol 😂.

I recently forced servers in Europe just to test higher pings. I was getting about 125-150ms as expected. I rebooted the console of course before playing and all was well. 

Here’s the deal......a couple days ago, I went back to my home location, yet as stated above, I’m still getting all the same foreign language (which I enjoy by the way) in all my lobbies & my gameplay has felt a little off. Today, PS4 had an update and interestingly, my home radius which is only about 250 miles played me on a server with 125ms ping, even though the icon was literally on top of me! I thought maybe the update threw off the Geo so I removed my console from Geo, re-added, then rebooted console. I joined the next room of a common server at 5ms ping again......but....with all the same foreign language & feeling a step behind as if I’m more like 125ms ping?!

Is my geo stuck In Europe & lying to me??? 

So you're getting a 5ms ping to a server, and everybody in there is foreign? Hmm...

Is this 5ms ping only in-game or is it also displayed on the Geo-Filter? It's certainly possible that the server is mislocated on the map, but it wouldn't produce such a low ping if it wasn't nearby. Maybe you just have a lot of foreign people that have moved in nearby? Or maybe there's no Mexican servers and they're connecting from there? Seems unlikely but possible.

As for the 125ms server, that's probably mislocated as you say. We're doing frequent cloud updates so it's possible that after flushing the cloud, that server will be moved to it's real location. You could also report it to us using this form: 

Yes, 5ms on the Geo....I never look at what the game shows since I hear that’s inaccurate anyways. This pic is a perfect example of why I think the Geo still has me in Europe yet shows me in Texas.......

I did a reboot of the XR500 & Console after I saw this and everything seemed back to normal today. But apparently this is an issue and would explain why I’m in all foreign lobbies! The peer I’m connected to is literally right on top of me, yet ping-wise, so not the case. 

7BE1DD4B-1635-466F-95CE-B16923E69A6F.jpeg

• Administrators

The ID converted shows it is located in the US but it may not be accurate as the domain name can't be determined. Let us know if it happens again and include the ID & domain name please so we can check it. Assuming it is in the US, was your QoS enabled at the time?

Yes, it was enabled. With all factors involved, is it not likely it still had me connected to overseas servers? I’ve been using Duma for years (just got the XR500) & I’ve never gotten anything like this using the same area......something was definitely up with that. 

And the fact that it happened right after I forced some Europe servers & came back to my home location. As if it didn’t register.