Destiny 2 PC - Steam

Hello,

Just wanted to ask if the settings for Destiny 2 have been reviewed?  The game recently moved to Steam on October 1st.  I'm getting messages in game that it is having trouble contacting their servers.  I haven't changes anything since it was on Battle.net.  

ACanadian

59 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

They haven't been but this is a good shout, I've let the team know about this. Are you using the standard Destiny profile for this?

Yes, I am just using your settings.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just so we can get a better idea for when we test, when do the server messages appear and does anything appear blocked on the map when this happens?

The message would appear randomly across the bottom of the screen. "Unable to contact Destiny 2 Servers...."  

It was occurring constantly yesterday. Today is hasn't happened as much. There is a chance the issues isn't with any settings on the router.  Just trying to provide as much info as possible.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thanks, please continue to monitor it and we'll take a look also. Did anything appear blocked when that happened?

No, nothing appeared to be blocked. What does happen, is during an activity you may get an error code "baboon".  There may be more info there.

5 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

I'm downloading the free to play version and i'm gonna test it out today with the Geo-Filter. See if I can get to the bottom of what's happening.

Thanks!

Though I have some updates.  Here is what I've had to do, as last night the errors were preventing my wife from gaming.  In order to stabilize the game I fired up a VPN connection. After that the game had zero issues. Though I still find it odd that the game was fine prior to Oct 1 when the game was on Battle.net. Now that it is on Steam... seems to me that something has changed.

• Administrators

Likely because it bypassed a route that was being blocked by the Geo-Filter, still somewhat odd though. Alex will investigate and see what the issue is. It's a completely different platform so they may use different servers for authentication or have added/removed some servers normally used.

On 10/4/2019 at 3:58 PM, acanadian said:

Thanks!

Though I have some updates.  Here is what I've had to do, as last night the errors were preventing my wife from gaming.  In order to stabilize the game I fired up a VPN connection. After that the game had zero issues. Though I still find it odd that the game was fine prior to Oct 1 when the game was on Battle.net. Now that it is on Steam... seems to me that something has changed.

I just tried out the Steam version. I'm in the UK, so I set a radius around the USA. It took me a long time to get connected to a Crucible game but eventually I did get connected, and it was all American players. Ping was awful but that's to be expected.

So yeah I had ping assist on zero, and I had strict mode on. Worked fine for me, which i'll be honest I wasn't expecting.

2 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Actually the amount of time it's taking to find games is way too long to be considered reasonable.

I don't use the geofilter for finding games on PC.  It did try it out a long time ago and it did appear to mostly work.  

As an update, the number of "Baboon" errors we were receiving has dropped to zero. No longer need to use a VPN connection.  I'm thinking that the issue was on their end, unless you've made changes to the Destiny 2 settings used by the router.

16 hours ago, acanadian said:

As an update, the number of "Baboon" errors we were receiving has dropped to zero. No longer need to use a VPN connection.  I'm thinking that the issue was on their end, unless you've made changes to the Destiny 2 settings used by the router.

Oh okay, well since the Destiny update only just came out, it makes sense that there might be some teething errors on the server end.

1 hour ago, SLeePLatED said:

I often got kick out out the game back to orbit after update Destiny 2 shadowkeep on my ps4. If i use spectating mode geo filter work fine.

What Geo-Filter settings are you using when you get kicked?

20 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

What Geo-Filter settings are you using when you get kicked?

I always use Destiny filter srt at 3,000km center at Thailand, thanks

I often got beaver error code, I have to flush every 3-5 PVP games or do the speed test on my ps4.

While i am on geo-filter page i saw i connected to the people outside my range too.

If you're connected to people outside of your range, that suggests that you might have Ping Assist turned on.

If not, do the people outside of your range have a white ring around them? This means they're whitelisted and cannot be blocked. This is because they are essential to run the game correctly.

If Ping Assist isn't turned on, you might consider turning it up to 50 or so to allow whatever important servers are being blocked and causing the beaver errors.

On 10/9/2019 at 6:22 PM, Netduma Alex said:

If you're connected to people outside of your range, that suggests that you might have Ping Assist turned on.

If not, do the people outside of your range have a white ring around them? This means they're whitelisted and cannot be blocked. This is because they are essential to run the game correctly.

If Ping Assist isn't turned on, you might consider turning it up to 50 or so to allow whatever important servers are being blocked and causing the beaver errors.

I use auto ping assist, now i got quail error code. I try to join my friend but auto boot to orbit with quail code

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, SLeePLatED said:

I use auto ping assist, now i got quail error code. I try to join my friend but auto boot to orbit with quail code

Have you got strict mode disabled and have you added them to your allow list?

On 10/14/2019 at 5:29 PM, Netduma Alex said:

Could you try with Strict Mode turned off, we've heard some people are having better luck without Strict Mode after the Shadowkeep update.

I never ever tick at strict mode just auto ping assis on, load destiny profile and add range to 3000 km that all. I cannot play any more if in filter mode but spect...mode just work fine