Jump to content
SM961

Bandwith capping?

Recommended Posts

If I'm getting speeds over 450 Mbps, do I still need to use Congestion Control? when CC is needed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That depends on what your usage is.

 

If you get bufferbloat in your daily usage you should use them. I set them to 80% usually anyway with "only when priority traffic is detected" even altough I don't need them that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As above, general everday usage you probably don't but if you're a heavy downloader/streamer then it may be beneficial for you to use QoS. Not sure how much speed you're getting when it's enabled i.e. not disabled in Anti-Bufferbloat options but I would at least suggest using Traffic Prioritization if the speed isn't reduced that much so that gaming packets can be prioritized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 8:04 AM, Bert said:

That depends on what your usage is.

 

If you get bufferbloat in your daily usage you should use them. I set them to 80% usually anyway with "only when priority traffic is detected" even altough I don't need them that much.

How would I know that info about BB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SM961 said:

How would I know that info about BB?

Using DSLReports website but I recommend using PingPlotter when saturating your connection and using different Anti-Bufferbloat percentages to find what gives you the lowest ping/most stable: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Using DSLReports website but I recommend using PingPlotter when saturating your connection and using different Anti-Bufferbloat percentages to find what gives you the lowest ping/most stable: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

DSLReport speed test has been broken for a while now so I haven't used it and PP I havent learned how to use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SM961 said:

DSLReport speed test has been broken for a while now so I haven't used it and PP I havent learned how to use it.

If you're using windows download the attached file and run it as administrator.... It will say "time=XX ms" which will be your current ping

 

Then while keeping the pinging window open, do a speed test on any site you wish... Could even download large files like linux installers

 

Adjust the sliders to keep your ping as consistent as possible

ping.bat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...