Source port help

My problem is that im not able to maintain an openNAT on my xbox one...i've tried many different things and after hours of research, i've discovered that teredo tunneling has worked for a lot of people. In order to do this, i'd have to change the source port and i cant seem to find that option in DUMAos on my xr500. does anyone know if its possible? I will post my reference link at the bottom

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbanswers/forum/xba_console/working-solution-to-obtain-an-xbox-one-live-open/b2437051-9e08-4d0e-bef3-0593109c38b0

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You should find this in port forwarding settings when you make a manual rule. I would say though that I'd suggest trying with the Geo-Filter disabled first as it is possible it's just causing a misreading when enabled and that it is actually open.

26 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You should find this in port forwarding settings when you make a manual rule. I would say though that I'd suggest trying with the Geo-Filter disabled first as it is possible it's just causing a misreading when enabled and that it is actually open.

Thanks for the reply and welcome!! so i've put my xbox into spectator mode on the geo filter and that hasn't helped my problem. Also ill post a picture of what i'm seeing when im starting a new port forward rule...i dont see the port source, now i'm completely new to networking and this sort of thing so let me know if i'm missing anything please

Capture.PNG

• Administrators

Source is the external range in this case and so destination would be internal, let us know if that works.

Also is the Open NAT you're referring to in the console network settings or on the game itself? What is your physical setup e.g. modem > XR500.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Source is the external range in this case and so destination would be internal, let us know if that works.

Also is the Open NAT you're referring to in the console network settings or on the game itself? What is your physical setup e.g. modem > XR500.

Ok thanks, i had a feeling i just didn't understand the different names for the terms. i will definitely try that out shortly.

the open NAT i'm referring to is in console network settings. its a weird issue sometimes i get openNAT, start a game, everything will work fine, then mid-game i will notice a drastic change in input lag rendering it unplayable, my in-game ping still reads steady 16ms and there is no other network traffic. So whenever this happens, ive ran a test to check my nat type (in console settings) and it always comes up moderate.  So i've determined that midgame, my nat type changes from open to moderate ruining the gameplay.

My physical setup is modem (bell home hub 2000) > xr500 and my xbox is hard wired via tp link av2000 powerline

• Administrators

Okay so it's not actually a modem, have you put the XR500 in the bell DMZ at all? If not then I would do that first before you do any port forwarding rules as that will likely resolve it. If you could put the bell in modem mode that would be best but DMZ would be fine.

58 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so it's not actually a modem, have you put the XR500 in the bell DMZ at all? If not then I would do that first before you do any port forwarding rules as that will likely resolve it. If you could put the bell in modem mode that would be best but DMZ would be fine.

i was actually testing out the previous suggestion you made. i forwarded the ports and rebooted my router; now its not able to connect to the internet at all...i've seen a  lot of people have had that issue after rebooting. im trying to troubleshoot that right now

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's odd, this is with all devices? The router may be having trouble establishing a connection with the hub. Reboot the hub also.

yeah all devices are offline...i've tried rebooting both several times, contacted my isp to make sure the issue was on my end, i've tried chaging to static IP as well as using the routers mac address. so far none of that has worked. going to do a factory reset on the router now

11 minutes ago, chooch63 said:

yeah all devices are offline...i've tried rebooting both several times, contacted my isp to make sure the issue was on my end, i've tried chaging to static IP as well as using the routers mac address. so far none of that has worked. going to do a factory reset on the router now

Hey chooch, Im afraid the only course of action maybe to do a factory reset to the router. Which is to put a pin in the little hole in the back of the router and hold it there for a good 30 sec. and let the router fully reboot. But fyi you will lose everything you did up to this point. You will have to start from scratch again. Also your original problem with NAT is correct. You have to forward port 3544 to 3074.. That is because MS uses IPV6 at all there data centers. Port 3544 is the tunneling port. One can no longer go the traditional route of just forwarding the ports to each other.. UPnP will not work with this either. It can become unreliable and usually gives a false positive.. Good luck! 

Zippy.

1 minute ago, Zippy said:

Hey chooch, Im afraid the only course of action maybe to do a factory reset to the router. Which is to put a pin in the little hole in the back of the router and hold it there for a good 30 sec. and let the router fully reboot. But fyi you will lose everything you did up to this point. You will have to start from scratch again. Also your original problem with NAT is correct. You have to forward port 3544 to 3074.. That is because MS uses IPV6 at all there data centers. Port 3544 is the tunneling port. One can no longer go the traditional route of just forwarding the ports to each other.. UPnP will not work with this either. It can become unreliable and usually gives a false positive.. Good luck! 

Zippy.

Thanks zippy, i just did a factory reset, restored my settings and it bricked again! i must have gone wrong somewhere in my settings. Thanks a lot for confirming what i found. fingers crossed it works once i get back up and running

2 minutes ago, chooch63 said:

Thanks zippy, i just did a factory reset, restored my settings and it bricked again! i must have gone wrong somewhere in my settings. Thanks a lot for confirming what i found. fingers crossed it works once i get back up and running

No worries my friend! Try doing another factory reset but this time don't restore your settings and start from scratch. Also clear all your browser cache. What you have found is true. Which tbh is a bit confusing because initially your xbox on first start up sends out port 3074 to 3544. That is where the hang up starts because it needs to be the other way around. 3544 t0 3074. Ive also seen other put in both. 3074 to 3544 and 3544 to 3074. What port is your xbox currently using? Good luck!

Zippy.

On 9/25/2019 at 7:24 PM, Zippy said:

Zippy.

so i've tested the setup out for the last couple of days...looks like everything is working great! forwarding 3544 to 3074 seems to have solved my input lag issues. you guys have been a lot more helpful than both microsoft and ea regarding this issue. i greatly appreciate the help! i just have to come to terms with losing because i suck instead of lag now lmao... thanks again, boys!!