Host change scenario

Zennon

You search for a match with the geo-filter on , you get a host close by things are good , a few games down the line the host leaves the lobby where does that leave you?

Will the game look for a host anywhere in the world as it normal would? as its not you looking for a new host its the game looking in the pre-made lobby.

Edit: I have just been thinking about the new Strict setting would this be the reason you would see kicks if the game picks a host from said lobby and its not within your filter?

I had a host leave a game during the match, causing a host migration. The game just was stuck on that host migration screen forever, I had to shut the game down to exit that screen. There must not have been another host within my geo-filter.

I had a host leave a game during the match, causing a host migration. The game just was stuck on that host migration screen forever, I had to shut the game down to exit that screen. There must not have been another host within my geo-filter.

that's very interesting, I haven't had a host migration yet...but that sounds like an issue in the game code.  If host migration fails normally it kicks you back to lobby by yourself.

Guest Netduma Luke

that's very interesting, I haven't had a host migration yet...but that sounds like an issue in the game code.  If host migration fails normally it kicks you back to lobby by yourself.

This is what we would expect too. The filter will continue to be applied during a host migration - how the game reacts is dependent on the code.

Yeah, the game code is probably to blame. Maybe others that have had a host migration can report what they experienced.

just had a host migration, nothing happened...host changed, i kept playing..

has this happened more than once to you?

I've had it happen both ways to me, when the host quits mid match. And I've seen quite the few host migrations from a team going negative and quitting.   Sometimes I stay in, just as often it freezes and i get kicked.

same here.

Thanks for the reply's guys , i know a lot of you are clubhouse memers (us and them lol) can you tell me during your tests what the strict mode does differently, thanks.

I find the host migration interesting . I bought COD AW on day one and have never had a single host migration . I put this down to dedicated servers. Since I have installed the Netduma I have had a fair few host migrations , I guess this is because I am not connecting to those far off dedicated servers all the time . Would my thinking be correct ?

Guest Netduma_Iain

If you see the host migration screen I'd suggest you expand your geo-filter temporarily so that you can connect to a new host outside of the range and continue the game. 

Archived