Geo-filter broken after V2.3.2.56 update! XR500

Geo-filter no longer works or shows on the map after updating to V2.3.2.56!

I performed a factory reset and reset everything from scratch. Nothing.

I cleared my Chrome/IE browser cache. Nothing.

• Administrators

Zoom out of the entire map, delete the device and flush the cloud. When the taking too long box appears wait a minute and refresh the page. Re-add the device and boot up the console and game, do you see anything then?

Double check the device in Device Manager and match the IP with the IP shown on the console itself.

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Zoom out of the entire map, delete the device and flush the cloud. When the taking too long box appears wait a minute and refresh the page. Re-add the device and boot up the console and game, do you see anything then?

Double check the device in Device Manager and match the IP with the IP shown on the console itself.

I have already tried all of that before creating this post. Nothing.

• Netduma Staff
13 hours ago, xolhid said:

I have already tried all of that before creating this post. Nothing.

This is a peculiar issue indeed... Could you factory reset the router, then leave your Geo-Filter and other settings exactly the way they are (without zooming in either), add your console to the Geo-Filter and boot up the game? Do you see anything then?

This step will rule out all router settings and most user errors, so it's vital that you don't change any settings after the factory reset. Could you screenshot the result?

7 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

This is a peculiar issue indeed... Could you factory reset the router, then leave your Geo-Filter and other settings exactly the way they are (without zooming in either), add your console to the Geo-Filter and boot up the game? Do you see anything then?

This step will rule out all router settings and most user errors, so it's vital that you don't change any settings after the factory reset. Could you screenshot the result?

I already performed a factory reset. I only zoomed out for the screenshot. I usually leave it at 100%. Factory reset did nothing just like the other suggestions. I tested this on chrome and edge with 2 different computers. nothing. Geo-filter worked perfectly on the previous firmware. The issue only occurred after updating to the latest firmware.

7 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Could you turn off the console (completely, not rest mode), then delete it from the Geo-Filter and from the Device Manager, then add it again.

Again this is something I have already tried before posting. Nothing.

21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you tell us what you have tried already and we can come up with other suggestions.

All basic troubleshooting tips you guys tell everyone were attempted.

Deleted device and flushed the cloud

Browser cache deleted

Hard reset (unplug and power drain) router and console.

Factory reset router with console turned off and unplugged. browser cache deleted before Re-input all settings from scratch.

I have tested this with 3 different computers using both Chrome and edge. Results never change. 1 of them is a new laptop that had never been used on the network before.

• Administrators

Just to double check, you've confirmed via device manager that it is the correct device? You don't have two versions of the device, one wired & one WiFi and added the wrong one? 

Do a speed test on the console, does anything appear on the map? If not does it show that it is using bandwidth in the Network Monitor? 

Does the device appear offline on the Device Manager even when it is online?

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just to double check, you've confirmed via device manager that it is the correct device? You don't have two versions of the device, one wired & one WiFi and added the wrong one? 

Do a speed test on the console, does anything appear on the map? If not does it show that it is using bandwidth in the Network Monitor? 

Does the device appear offline on the Device Manager even when it is online?

Correct. I'm using the wired version. I never setup WiFi on my console. There are 2 other PS4 slim in my house, but use a guest wifi. I double checked the Mac address and IP matched my console.

The device always appears online when it is on.

Yes it shows bandwidth usage. Speed test works flawlessly.

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Do the other PS4s seem to work with the Geo-Filter or is it just that one?

They do not belong to me. They are my roommates and I will not ask them to use them. They were never set up or used on geo-filter. Only my console is.

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you done any port forwarding for the console at all? Is the console connecting using automatic settings or manual?

No port forwarding.

I have tested automatic settings with no change. Normally I manually configure all network devices and assign IP addresses.

• Administrators

This is really very confusing, I don't see why an update would stop this working. Could you remove the device from the Geo-Filter, downgrade and then re-add it - check it works. If it does then remove it from the Geo-Filter again then re-upgrade to .56, preferably do a factory reset here but understand if you don't want to then re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and try again. Wondering if the having the device added when you did the upgrade maybe caused the issue.

28 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This is really very confusing, I don't see why an update would stop this working. Could you remove the device from the Geo-Filter, downgrade and then re-add it - check it works. If it does then remove it from the Geo-Filter again then re-upgrade to .56, preferably do a factory reset here but understand if you don't want to then re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and try again. Wondering if the having the device added when you did the upgrade maybe caused the issue.

I'll give it a shot. Might be a while before I do as I don't want to interrupt my roommates connection.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 5:46 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I applied the downgrade and upgraded to the current release and the issue still persists.

On a side note, It worked perfectly fine while playing the Modern Warfare beta on PC. It did not work while playing the beta on my PS4 Pro. Also still doesn't work with BO4 on PS4 Pro.

I haven't come across this bug before... Are you sure that you've got the right console added to the Geo-Filter? Remember that WiFi and Ethernet both generate a seperate device in Device Manager, so you should probably rename them to make sure you're using the right one.

11 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

I haven't come across this bug before... Are you sure that you've got the right console added to the Geo-Filter? Remember that WiFi and Ethernet both generate a seperate device in Device Manager, so you should probably rename them to make sure you're using the right one.

yes the setup is correct. the issue did not start occurring until after I updated to the new firmware. I am hardwired and did not setup wifi for my console.

I am not the only one who is experiencing this issue. There is another thread with the exact same issue.

8 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

So it only stops working on the latest firmware version? That's interesting, I wonder which change made in the update caused this problem.

I tried resetting everything up again and now I am getting Geo-filter to show the connected servers, but all server connections are peer. I am at a loss.