More Powerful Ping Assist

I like the Geofilter very much but It lacks in my opinion, only a ping assist the even more stable connections or a new feature that eliminates spikes Final at least on its own connection. Would be cool If you can decide for yourself which server you want to connect to, some games will not work

• Administrators

So Ping Assist currently just checks to see if the ping is below your limit, so you would want it to take longer and detect whether the connection stays within a certain range for stability? This would increase search times definitely.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2019 at 1:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

So Ping Assist currently just checks to see if the ping is below your limit, so you would want it to take longer and detect whether the connection stays within a certain range for stability? This would increase search times definitely.

I think he was also saying we should have the choice to connect to the servers we want. I think if the servers that are available could be lit up a different color and we could click and connect to that one we choose or If we don't click on a server before it connects like it is set to do currently it should just connect like duma has it set to do now.

Edited by Netduma Alex
I moved your reply from inside the quote

It's a good idea, but the problem is that the servers shown on the map are ones that have already been pinged. You can't go in after the fact and choose a server, because the game has already established the connection.

Essentially we have to know wether to block or allow a server before the game attempts to connect to it. Your solution would require us to have control over the game as well as the router.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators
46 minutes ago, II N3MES1S II said:

What about a log of the servers and with thier highest and lowest ping times and then the ability to select those servers by ip in future games.

We are looking at combining Ping Heatmap and Geo-Filter together into one Rapp so in one form or another you could do this.