Allow and deny not working

I have geo filter set with strict mode on ping Assist at 0

when ever I have a bad experience on a server I leave I go into setting go to auto ping with I have turned on name the connection and click deny then once I re search I get connected to the exact same connection and how I know it’s the same is it has the name I set it too when denying so I double checked it’s definitely in my deny list but it’s still connecting me to the same lobby 

the game am playing is black ops 4 

XR500

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sadly this router-selling feature doesn't work as advertised. I've made a post about the same issue but about denying players with bad connections in a P2P game. I deny them but can still join lobbies I host. It even says they're denied on the Allow/Deny page but somehow they are still about to join me. There have been plenty of posts going back many months about Allow/Deny not working. If you haven't searched that here yet please do so you can see the plethora other posts bringing it up. Here's a old lengthy thread illustrating what I'm talking about. The support here on this is frankly terrible. They claim to have brought this up to the devs numerous times but will also act as if in later posts they never knew it was ever an issue. They keep talking about updates are coming but that they are hamstrung by Netgear because they control when big updates are rolled out. Customers just simply have to wait for them to approve updates and fixes. In the life cycle of this router that's seemingly many months at a time. 

The last major firmware update to the XR500 that was actually meaningful was in March. There was a small update last month but that was a minor update. If your router is new and in the return period I'd suggest returning it. Otherwise you'll spend months or years waiting around for fixes, and previously promised features like the rest of us.   

• Administrators

The connection has to be completely severed before it gets blocked properly so if you're searching straight after denying then the block won't have taken affect. I would wait 2 minutes at least after blocking and then researching for a game and you should get a different server.