Question: Backups

Sometimes a factory reset is necessary, but an annoying side effect is that all of your custom data is lost in the process. One feature that has been requested is the ability to save the information from your router to a file on your computer. This file can then be uploaded again once you've done a reset, restoring your data.

If we were to add a backup feature to DumaOS, what information would you want to be backed up? What's the most annoying information to have to re-enter after a reset?

5 minutes ago, progprogprog said:

Also restore from cloud would be a nice touch 

So you'd like to be able to back up your settings to a cloud server? This isn't feasible in the near future, but I think it could be integrated eventually. It would require us to store user data, and that's something we don't do right now.

Of course the basic setting like WAN information if it is static but for me the DHCP table. I have some reservations and it would be nice not having to write the mac address in again after a reset.

I don't have a port forwarding rules but I image that other people would like that also.

Massive +1 for DHCP reservations. This is the main reason I am reluctant to perform a factory reset on my Xr500. Alternatively a better method of inputting them would be very welcome. Maybe some sort of csv import or similar may solve the problem also. Or as progprog said, backup the reservation table to a cloud service. Dropbox, onedrive, google drive. Any option that would save the painful manual reentering of the devices would make me very happy!

To be honest the whole reservation feature needs some work. Lines and radar buttons aren't clearly lined up and not all devices are shown in the list so you have to resort to manually inputting MAC addresses. 

This is the part of the process that currently takes so much time because I cannot connect all devices until the reservations are in place.