Wireless upload faster than wired?!

Weird. Just thought to check this on a whim and look at the difference. Why is my upload over wireless so much faster? I am running a cat6 cable to a Netgear switch. Only thing besides the Xbox using the switch is the tv. 

IMG_20190813_182313.jpg

IMG_20190813_182119.jpg

• Netduma Staff

Looks like an Xbox speed test - usually console speed-tests are completely unreliable. What WiFi speeds do you get using Speedtest.net on, say, a phone or tablet? What speeds do you get on a wired PC?

It's very rare for wireless to out-perform wired. I'm not even sure if it's possible unless you're using a faulty cable.

7 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Looks like an Xbox speed test - usually console speed-tests are completely unreliable. What WiFi speeds do you get using Speedtest.net on, say, a phone or tablet? What speeds do you get on a wired PC?

It's very rare for wireless to out-perform wired. I'm not even sure if it's possible unless you're using a faulty cable.

Yep, Xbox test but I have never had over 1.5 wired in the hundreds of tests I have done. And then bam, first test on wireless. I will plug in my laptop after work and test it.