Running a vpn on duma R1 with duma OS

Frostie

• Administrators

Hey, just keep in mind that you won't get your normal speeds when running the VPN on the router but as you have the ability to apply it to specific devices/applications this shouldn't affect you much and it's plenty for whatever you want to do on the VPN. You can also use any VPN provider you want as long as you're able to obtain the OpenVPN config files from them, you can then put that in the HybridVPN advanced options.

I've tried ExpressVPN's open VPN UDP config, the R1 Duma OS dint handle it well, likely due to hardware limitations, the internet was very unstable. I then used a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 and flashed it with ExpressVPN firmware and use it as primary, and R1 as secondary for using Geo Filter, it works wonderfully, although I get max 90% of internet speed

• Administrators

It really depends what you're using the VPN for, if you're wanting to VPN all your devices and use high bandwidth applications/services e.g. download/stream then it may not be best as you're limited to 10/10 speeds. However, the hybrid part allows you to only apply it to specific services/applications so that can be protected but the rest of the device can use your normal connection/speeds.