Help! NetDuma R1 can't see Netgear PLP2000 PLAs...

Noctroglyph

Hello--

I have a R1 router and a pair of Netgear PLP2000 powerline adapters; I've seen numerous posts here stating people are able to use powerline adapters, but wheneve I try to use these to connect to my R1 router, they don't even show up. In DumaOS, the map looks like nothing is plugged in. I've tried my Xbox and a PC to no avail.

• Tried all Ethernet ports: No change
  • I tried this on the stock firmware, and upgraded to Duma OS: No change
  • I trued factory resetting both PLP2000s, No change.

Please note that the PLP2000 adapters works fine when connected to my Arris SVG2482AC directly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are these adapters supposed to appear as devices, or are they just supposed to show devices which are connected to the powerline network?

Are the two powerline adapters paired correctly?

Hi Alex--

Yep, they are paired correctly, and work fine with the Arris SVG2482AC I have currently. On the Arris, the PLA on the other end of the ethernet cable (i.e. the PLA in the same room as the modem/router) shows the IP of the PLA adapter it is plugged into. I'm assuming that there is some sort of hub logic going on, as several of these can pair within a house.

Specific info on the device:  https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/powerline/PLP2000.aspx

The device is Homeplug AV2 compliant.

Any ideas, or is there another PLA I should look at (which would be a shame as these are smoking fast).

Thanks!

Rick

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Powerline adapters generally do not have their own IP address as they basically just extend the wired capability of the router so you wouldn't see them on the device manager. With devices connected to them do they get internet and do they themselves appear on the device manager? If so then it's all working correctly.

• Administrators

Do you see any devices on the Device Manager that you don't recognise? They could be nameless or unnamed devices and may appear offline with a MAC address. If so can you match these to the devices connected to the powerline?

I don't think we've tested Netgear PLAs specifically. Not sure if this would happen with all PLAs or just Netgear ones.

I know that wireless extenders can cause issues if they don't pass the MAC addresses to the Netduma. Some of them can be configured to do that, but not all of them. I would imagine that powerline adapters are the same.