Always playing Mexican players

JimPaps

Idk what it is but im always in lobbies where players are Mexican or Dominican. No matter how much I try to change the geo filter settings or without they are always in my lobby. I live in Ohio and thought it could possibly just be players from PA or Miami since those areas are populated with that ethnicity however the they are always slightly laggy. Im usually put in a close server with good ping to the server but playing with them is very annoying with how laggy they are. Not sure if its just black ops 4 and possibly some skill based match making involved or what. 

I'm surprised that's happening since Ohio isn't close to Mexico at all. One idea might be to put the Geo-Filter in spectating mode, and when you connect to a server which seems like it might be in Mexico, check the Geo-Filter map to see where it is. You can then position the Geo-Filter radius to exclude that server, and then return to filtering mode.

On 7/15/2019 at 4:03 PM, JimPaps said:

Idk what it is but im always in lobbies where players are Mexican or Dominican. No matter how much I try to change the geo filter settings or without they are always in my lobby. I live in Ohio and thought it could possibly just be players from PA or Miami since those areas are populated with that ethnicity however the they are always slightly laggy. Im usually put in a close server with good ping to the server but playing with them is very annoying with how laggy they are. Not sure if its just black ops 4 and possibly some skill based match making involved or what. 

Unfortunately, this is a sign of reduced playerbase that happens with COD games, especially as the next release draws closer.  It also happens much earlier on platforms that are less popular (ie. Xbox and PC).

You see, Activision's subsidiary, Demonware, handles the matchmaking for its games, and they have no idea how to appropriately match lobbies in a way that could be considered geographically sensible.  As the playerbase dwindles, this effect becomes far more pronounced.

The Seattle server is a ms ping for me, so you'd think it would be optimal.  This, however, isn't the case due to lag compensation favouring matched players who teleport around from Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Fuji, Mexico, you name it.

I've long since given up.

• Administrators

It sounds like the Geo-Filter is working correctly (assuming the server close to you is a low ping?) but it can't influence the players that join that server unfortunately. Also Mexican/Dominican players likely play on US servers all the time as that will be closer to them. May have been the usual US servers they play on were full and so were passed on to yours.