Can't download and update games ps4 xr500

AzeRuS94

Do you have Geo-Filter enabled? This might be blocking the downloads. Turn Geo-Filter to Spectating mode and see if that allows downloads again.

When you say you "can't download games", does your PS4 get any connection to your router at all? What IP address does the PS4 say it has in Network Status?

If possible, could you upload a picture of the View Network Status page on your PS4? Thanks.

On 7/15/2019 at 6:42 PM, Netduma Alex said:

Do you have Geo-Filter enabled? This might be blocking the downloads. Turn Geo-Filter to Spectating mode and see if that allows downloads again.

When you say you "can't download games", does your PS4 get any connection to your router at all? What IP address does the PS4 say it has in Network Status?

If possible, could you upload a picture of the View Network Status page on your PS4? Thanks.

I already solved the issue, thanks for your help but now I have a bigger issue, while playing fortnite on pc I play on 60ms being connected to the paris server being this server the closest (I live in Spain). I always played on 30ms and don't know what is happening, I reboot a few times the xr500 but nothing and also doing a test on cloud ping.info my ping to Paris is 60 :(

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 1:10 PM, Netduma Alex said:

Could you do a pingplotter test to that server so that we can see where the delay is occuring?

Here's a guide: 

So the issue of not being able to update or download games has appear again, now I tried to see if on the xbox one s I was able to install or update a game but no, I don't know what to do, because I have to install the software update on the xbox one but the update doesn't even start because of this issue, same problem happening on the ps4 pro, so is a xr500 problem I think, on my gaming pc everything is perfect and also on other device using the xr500.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What was your solution the last time this happened? It is most likely that you've port forwarded incorrectly or forwarded ports to a different device or something like this. What settings have you changed before it stopped working?

I don't remember the solution, it been a longtime since I played on both console, I didn't change any settings during this time, I never changed anything from the entire setting section, I only have upnp enabled. What can I do as I can't play on both console for this problem. My setup is always the same isp router------xr500----all devices.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you disable QoS completely please from Anti-Bufferbloat options and see if that resolves it. Also is it the same problem whether it is wired or wireless?

I just disabled the Qos and now the xbox one update is downloading :) but I want to play with the anti-bufferbloat on. What is the solution for this? edit: I'm also having my nat moderate from the xbox connection page with a double nat issue, I always had this problem and never had open nat. Also do you recommend me use the 5ghz wifi or play with a cat5 cable as I don't have any cat5e cable left and I have a 300/300mb connectione

Edited by RehivaE

• Administrators

Okay that's good to hear, re-enable QoS but then disable Traffic Prioritization completely i.e. remove any manual entries and untick DumaOS Classified Games, does it still work then?

What's your exact physical setup? Ethernet is always better but if you have to play on WiFi I would recommend 2.4GHz.

58 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay that's good to hear, re-enable QoS but then disable Traffic Prioritization completely i.e. remove any manual entries and untick DumaOS Classified Games, does it still work then?

What's your exact physical setup? Ethernet is always better but if you have to play on WiFi I would recommend 2.4GHz.

-I re-enabled Qos and disable traffic prioritizarion and it works 😁 but now the detect when high priorization doesn't work, what can I do? 

-My physical setup is isp router------cat7 ethernet cable-----xr500-----all devices through wifi and my gaming pc and ps4 with cat7 cables.

-So do I plug the cat 5 to the xbox even If I will lose a lot of speed?

-Also what about this double nat issue? Thanks for your help.

• Administrators

Okay so could you instead add the console service for the xbox and see if that works please.

You won't lose speed via cable, even if you did for some reason gaming doesn't require much bandwidth so you'd still have plenty.

Is your ISP router in modem mode or does it have the XR500 in its DMZ? If not enable one of those options and it should resolve NAT.

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so could you instead add the console service for the xbox and see if that works please.

You won't lose speed via cable, even if you did for some reason gaming doesn't require much bandwidth so you'd still have plenty.

Is your ISP router in modem mode or does it have the XR500 in its DMZ? If not enable one of those options and it should resolve NAT.

- I added the games console service for the xbox and now is solved😁, but imagine if I go to play on the gaming pc, will the games console service affect me while I play on the pc? because the warning message of enabling this service says that it could affect with unprioritized packets.

-the xr500 is in the dmz of the isp router, there is also a option on the wan mode settings of my router that says bridge wan and asks a multicast VLAN ID.

Edit: I discovered why I had this double nat issue, now my nat is open, I checked the wan ip on system information and it has changed example: it was on 192.168.100.12 and when I checked, it was on 192.168.100.15, why is this happening and it is possible to prevent this?

Edited by RehivaE

• Administrators

Great! You've only selected the console so it wouldn't affect the PC. You would have to add another rule for the PC to prioritize games you play on PC. Selecting console service could prioritize other things on your PC if you were to select it but it varies depending on what you do, you could try this if you can't add a normal/port manual rule.

You don't need to select those options it's fine as is at the moment. 

Likely the router was rebooted which caused the IP to change. On the ISP router you could set the XR500 to have a static IP (the same one it has at the moment) and then it won't change in future.

29 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great! You've only selected the console so it wouldn't affect the PC. You would have to add another rule for the PC to prioritize games you play on PC. Selecting console service could prioritize other things on your PC if you were to select it but it varies depending on what you do, you could try this if you can't add a normal/port manual rule.

You don't need to select those options it's fine as is at the moment. 

Likely the router was rebooted which caused the IP to change. On the ISP router you could set the XR500 to have a static IP (the same one it has at the moment) and then it won't change in future.

Well, I just switched the xbox from using the wifi to use the cat5 cable and double nat has appeared again, the wan ip of the xr500 is correctly put in the dmz of the isp router. What is the problem?

edit: I also tried to put a static ip for the xr500 on the isp router, but it doesn't seems to work as I restarted both routers and the wan ip of the xr500 has switched from .15 to .16, what I did was, on my isp router I went to the lan section----DHCP static ip from there I introduced the mac adress of the xr500 and the wan ip. What can I do? Thanks in advance

Edited by RehivaE

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That should have done it, make sure it's applied then on the XR500 change Internet Setup to use a static IP as well then they both have that information and should be fine. Probably why the double NAT came back.

I've configured everything like you said but I still have double nat type on the xbox, do I have to reboot both routers to apply all this changes?

33 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You shouldn't have to but you would definitely need to reboot the console. Worth just rebooting everything, modem and router first then console.

I just did it and still having double nat and wan ip has changed again. 😔

edit: can the problem be having upnp and dmz both enabled? because I have upnp enabled on the xr500.

33 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No that's fine, they're essentially separate in this case. The WAN IP shouldn't be changing if you've properly set the static IP. Could you provide a screenshot of XR500 static settings and the ISP router static settings for XR500 please?

Screenshot_20190811-005457_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fc9639e10f431009f44dd951f0a2d8a4.jpgScreenshot_20190811-005551_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9c6426bcc849adf99e55911c11023e35.jpg

• Administrators

Okay that all looks fine, could you try to have a look on a PC at both pages again please and see if it's applied successfully? It might be that doing it on a phone it isn't applying for some reason. Even if it's the same apply again anyway on both on the PC and see if it stays that way.

37 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay that all looks fine, could you try to have a look on a PC at both pages again please and see if it's applied successfully? It might be that doing it on a phone it isn't applying for some reason. Even if it's the same apply again anyway on both on the PC and see if it stays that way.

This is how it looks from pc, applied everything but nothing, still having double nat issue. Can something happen if I have my pc with the xbox icon on the device manager and causing some issue with the real xbox one? As I put the xbox icon for my gaming pc to be recognized while traffic prioritization.1653259867_trafficpage.thumb.PNG.12c7b2f8647943d2378962cd600999ee.PNG

XR500.thumb.PNG.4783d45d6f52f75ac9de0b72e67d1743.PNGISP.thumb.PNG.1630b0cd3d514f13f73148a39f452fae.PNGDMZ.thumb.PNG.45488cc77d29bf83c0011c586c0c3c6b.PNG

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No that wouldn't affect it. Okay I think it would be best to see if you could put the ISP router in modem or bridge mode and then that should resolve the double NAT once and for all.

When I go to the isp router wan section for bridge wan ( I think this is the only option I see of bridge mode) it asks me to insert a multicast vlan id, what is that?

Edit: right now I created a new wan configuration and disabled the one that comes enabled by default of route wan. How do I set up this? I also saw that on the isp router on ipv4 information there is a section with nat type and it is selected port-restricted cone nat by default and I'm able to choose between this and full cone nat. What is that?486635594_wanmode.thumb.PNG.513239bdcbcc32e8914e5289c6a1f02e.PNG