109 - 11 Gameplay #NetDumaGameplay #DUMArmy #OpenWRT

N3CR0

• 3 weeks later...

OpenWRT is a custom firmware available on many routers. People like it because it often offers more features than your run of the mill stock router firmware.

Installing OpenWRT on any router will probably void the warranty, and this is true of any of the DumaOS routers! Still, if you have an old out-of-warranty router lying around, it might be fun to experiment. I believe that @N3CR0 uses a separate OpenWRT router in conjunction with his DumaOS router. I haven't tried this combo myself.

7 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

OpenWRT is a custom firmware available on many routers. People like it because it often offers more features than your run of the mill stock router firmware.

Installing OpenWRT on any router will probably void the warranty, and this is true of any of the DumaOS routers! Still, if you have an old out-of-warranty router lying around, it might be fun to experiment. I believe that @N3CR0 uses a separate OpenWRT router in conjunction with his DumaOS router. I haven't tried this combo myself.

You're half right ;)

I don't use DumaOS on my R1. I find the orginal firmware does thejob just fine. I had an XR500 with DumaOS and found too many features not working as they should and see folk are still complaining about the same things still not working right so I've not bothered with DumaOS on my R1 :)

• 2 months later...
On 7/30/2019 at 7:01 PM, N3CR0 said:

You're half right ;)

I don't use DumaOS on my R1. I find the orginal firmware does thejob just fine. I had an XR500 with DumaOS and found too many features not working as they should and see folk are still complaining about the same things still not working right so I've not bothered with DumaOS on my R1 :)

You have to open ports on openwrt