No internet with router connected

aleric204

• Administrators

Could you be more specific please? What ISP are you with? Is your setup modem > router > R1 for example - what is the model of your modem/router? If you're using another router is that connected to the modem and are devices connecting to that etc. PPPoE are login details required for an internet connection, do you know if you need this?

Did you change the modem settings from default? Was it set up by your ISP?

I wonder if the IP that was assigned to the R1 was changed? But then I would assume it would be fixed by turning off both devices, and then starting up the modem, then the R1.

Can you access the UI of your modem? What's your computer's IP address?

Also, what version of our software are you running on your router?

Sorry about all of the questions, i'm just trying to narrow this thing down!

no, I have never had access to the modems UI. im using the latest dumaos firmware and my computers ipv4 address is 24.250.18.250

I currently don't have it connected since I can't get any internet connection with it connected to my modem

Could you connect to your Netduma R1 and under LAN Settings, make sure that DHCP is turned on. Also make sure that the router's IP address is 192.168.88.1.

You may want to connect to the R1 without actually connecting the R1 to your modem, for the time being, just to make sure it's set up correctly.

When you connect to the R1 without the modem involved, what's your IP address at that point?

I'm sorry for the delay had A very busy day yesterday. So DHCP is enabled and the IP address is set correctly in the LAN settings. Also, the IP address doesn't change whether I have the modem+router both connected or just with the router.

• Administrators

Unplug the router from the modem then reboot the modem, then after a few minutes connect the router and check for a connection, if nothing reboot the router from the interface and see if it works then.

• Administrators

What is the error you're getting on Windows?

There really shouldn't be an issue here as it is a simple modem, access the modem and go to configuration, then do a factory reset, make sure the router is plugged into it when this happens and once the modem has factory reset then reboot the router.