Can't access software

Crazii

Liam, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Factory reset did change the problem. But it didn't fix it. 

Before doing the factory reset I would simply get an error message saying that it couldn't load duma os. 

Since doing the factory reset about a month ago. I just endlessly get the login dialogue box. 

One thing I did notice is that  chrome shows a warning next to the web address. 

"Your connection to this site is not secure"

Screenshot (171).png

Thanks @DMC, It's strange because after a factory reset you would expect to then go through the initial setup again, so you wouldn't be greeted with a login screen. Are you seeing this across all browsers? What if you try from an incognito window or clear your cache?

Still the same. Continuously asking for and rejecting the username and password.

Except for on my phone incognito mode browser it will also give me a popup message warning saying this connection is not private. 

21 minutes ago, DMC said:

Still the same. Continuously asking for and rejecting the username and password.

Except for on my phone incognito mode browser it will also give me a popup message warning saying this connection is not private. 

Are you able to get past this message? If on Chrome I believe you can click advanced at the bottom of the screen and proceed anyway.

Are the credentials you're entering into the login prompt definitely correct?

Well what is the default user name and password after a factory reset?

I have tried all the combinations that I found listed on the forums.

As far as I know it's not rejecting the username and password it's just asking for it again.

How do I click on advanced at the bottom of the screen? 

I don't seem to have any ability to left click or right click anything or to get the sign in box to go away.

You shouldn't be prompted for a login at all if the factory reset completed properly, you would expect to be greeted with the initial setup screen. 

When you reset the R1, did it make a 'beep' after about thirty seconds of holding the button? 

Sometimes chrome will let you bypass this message by clicking an advanced button at the bottom of the screen, don't worry if it's not there though I don't believe it's the cause of the problem.

After seeing the lights go off and back on there is a beep. Then when I try to open duma os it asks for my username and password. but never accepts it. 

I'm not able to left or right click on anything on the page. the clicks don't register. 

Below are the instructions I followed these instuctions from support.netduma 

If you are are not able to access the user interface to factory reset your router, you can manually push the reset button down on the back of your Netduma R1. Follow these instructions:

1. Make sure your Netduma R1 is powered on 
  2. Using a small, thin object like the tip of a pen or a paperclip, push down firmly on the Reset button found on the back of your Netduma R1. It's a small hole which says 'RES' above. Continue to press down until you see all the lights blink on and then off
  3. Stop holding the button down and wait to hear a beep. Your router is now factory resetting. Wait for about 1 minute for the factory reset to complete
  4. After the factory reset has completed, please note the following:
    • The WiFi name is Netduma R1
    • The password is now netdumar1
    • To access the user interface, enter 192.168.88.1 into the address bar
    • the default credentials are admin and password  - make sure you type these in English and lower case

• Administrators

I'm not sure what else there is that we can do as there is no access to the router and we don't sell the router anymore to provide a replacement. Unplug for 24 hours as this can sometimes help with weird issues like this.

I took a weekend trip recently. The router and everything in my house was unplugged for the whole weekend. 

You don't sell the router anymore but for people who already bought it are you just abandoning them? 

Is there any trade-in option?

I'm quite reluctant to buy a new R2. Quite often over the years the r1's features did not work properly. And I can see from Google searches that a lot of people had the same problem I'm having now.

I bought a netduma because it was supposed to be the best but at this moment I regret buying it.

• Administrators

We're not abandoning anyone, the R1 originally came out in 2014 and we're still supporting it as well as providing software updates for it. All I'm saying is without access to the router, we're very limited on what we can advise as there is no way into the interface without logging in and a reset doesn't seem to work. So rebooting, resetting over and over until it works is all we can really advise - as sometimes that does help with these things, I will continue to think about anything else we can advise.

If you posted when the issue originally happened then we may have been able to sort out a replacement as we'd only just started selling the R2 then so would have had some R1 stock around - you can email [email protected] with a link to this topic and your original order number and they may be able to find one somewhere if you are also in warranty. 

There is no trade in option as the hardware for both are years different. It is a support forum so you'll only see people posting the issues they have, some will have similar issues but you won't see the people who don't have issues posting.

Yes I appreciate you trying to help me. I could have posted earlier maybe I should have.

I've actually been following this and other similar threads for a while. I saw others had the same issue as me. But none of the solutions worked for them or me. so I didn't post. I didn't have anything to add to the conversation.

Today I noticed the "your connection to this site is not secure" message. I thought it could potentially be useful. So I decided to post.  

I understand it's five year old tech.  And if all the features on my R1 had consistently worked well I would definitely be ready to upgrade to the R2. 

But since I've consistently had problems with the R1  that have never gotten sorted out.  (For example the Geo filters not working on a lot of games. Or not being able to access Duma OS.)

I feel buying a new R2 is too big of a risk. 

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yes I appreciate you trying to help me. I could have posted earlier maybe I should have.

I've actually been following this and other similar threads for a while. I saw others had the same issue as me. But none of the solutions worked for them or me. so I didn't post. I didn't have anything to add to the conversation.

Today I noticed the "your connection to this site is not secure" message. I thought it could potentially be useful. So I decided to post.  

I understand it's five year old tech.  And if all the features on my R1 had consistently worked well I would definitely be ready to upgrade to the R2. 

But since I've consistently had problems with the R1  that have never gotten sorted out.  (For example the Geo filters not working on a lot of games. Or not being able to access Duma OS.)

I feel buying a new R2 is too big of a risk. 

I totally get that, with things like this it's always worth posting as if you're within warranty we can replace the router for a working one. The R2 is out of stock at the moment so you have time to decide whether it's something you want to try. You're always able to return it within a set period for whatever reason and if needed we can do a replacement if you have an issue we can't solve.

Just as a follow-up to this post. I left the router off for about a week. I plugged it back in but it's still the same.

Anything else we can try?

16 minutes ago, DMC said:

Just as a follow-up to this post. I left the router off for about a week. I plugged it back in but it's still the same.

Anything else we can try?

The only other things I can think of would be things like trying a new power adapter and try different ethernet cables. It sounds strange but it's amazing some of the obscure issues I've seen a power adapter cause...