how do i get my nighthawk to work

s1rtoast

I recently got a nighthawk r8000 and im trying to incorporate it into my internet setup. How do i make that work. I currently have my verizon modem/router going into my netduma, there are several cables going out to access points in my house. Where do i put the nighthawk?

I think any non-R1 router only works best as access points because if you connect it between your modem and the R1, I hate to say it, but you are going to loss some of the capabilities of the R1. Particularly congestion control. But that's just my opinion.

i dont have a problem with congestion at all. the r1 doesn't even use all my bandwith, it sits at 60mbps with no one using it and i have 150mbps up and down. Only reason why i got the nighthawk is because i got it for a huge discount from a friend

Yes with the nighthawk in AP mode and the wifi turned off on the duma and left on on the Asus , this wil give you AC wifi but still using the Netduma's congestion control , the best of both worlds.

When you setup the Asus as an access point -- the wifi will continue to work but the routing capabilities will disabled. And then disable the wifi in the Netduma that way there will not be conflict with the wifi on the Asus.

Wall > modem (if you have one) ethernet to port 1 POE > Netduma > Nighthawk (AP mode Wifi on)

I am sure you could run cabled from either the Duma or the Nighthawk as it is access point mode.

Ok I got the wifi going on the nighthawk. How do I get rid of the old connections. I got 3 connections from the nighthawk. 2 connections (2.4 and 5) from my access points and one from the Verizon router and modem

Archived